• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    I've tried searching for a thread on this, but my skills with the INGO search engine are limited, so if it exists I can't find it.

Brandon Herrera, a "guntuber" known as the AK guy, is currently challenging incumbent Representative Tony Gonzales in the Republican primary in Texas, District 23. Last Tuesday, Gonzales received 45% of the vote, and Herrera 25%, meaning the race will head to a runoff between the two.

What are everyone's thoughts on this race? I know we have at least a few Texas residents on this forum; do any of you live in the district? Who do you plan to vote for?

Me, I desperately want Brandon Herrera to win. I'm sure a lot of people will dismiss him off-hand due to his crass youtube personality and purposefully offensive jokes, as I did initially. But when I heard he was running for Congress, my curiosity was piqued, and I did a little bit of looking into his platform. He can be surprisingly articulate when he decides to talk seriously about political issues, especially 2A issues. If he's even half as good as he presents himself, I have no doubt he's the exact sort of person we need in Congress if we want our country and our rights to be preserved.

Here's the statement he put out after Tuesday's primary. I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't see anything not to love.

Last night, the people of Texas’ 23rd Congressional District sent a message: they’re done with Tony Gonzales and his betrayal of our shared conservative values.

Tony sabotaged fellow Republicans’ border reform bill and called it “anti-American” and “not Christian.” When Tony’s own district was being overrun with illegals, every other Republican member of Congress backed Texas Governor Abbott in his fight to secure the border except Tony. Instead, Tony voted to send $40 billion taxpayer dollars to defend Ukraine’s border.

Tony voted for Joe Biden’s vaccine mandates and to fund a $400 million federal vaccine tracking database that would enable the government to deny employment and benefits to individuals who refused experimental vaccines.

He voted to keep our soldiers in Syria where they are dying for no national interest. He voted to authorize warrantless wiretaps of American citizens. He voted for taxpayer-funded abortions and to allow government persecution of religious organizations that support traditional marriage.

He voted with Democrats for the January 6th Commission to prosecute and imprison President Trump and allowed himself to be a prop in Nikki Haley’s campaign ads.

And when it was time to hold the leadership of local law enforcement accountable for the tragedy in Uvalde, he instead blamed law-abiding citizens and supported Joe Biden’s gun control bill that funds unconstitutional Red Flag laws and takes 2nd Amendment rights away from veterans.

These are all the reasons that a clear majority of Republicans in the district voted against him yesterday, but his response is to call these voters crazy and say he needs to “drown” them.

Last night, he found out we’re a little more buoyant than he thought.

I want to thank the many volunteers and donors to my campaign who made this outcome possible. I also want to thank the other candidates in this race who helped keep Tony under 50% and have, through this campaign, become my friends.

And I’d also like to thank the voters who sent me to this run-off for giving me your vote. I will work hard to earn your trust every day as your Congressman and, unlike Tony, I will never take your vote for granted.

Now is the time for the Republicans of southwest Texas to unify behind my campaign as we advance to the run-off on May 28 and finish the fight!

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I've tried searching for a thread on this, but my skills with the INGO search engine are limited, so if it exists I can't find it.

Brandon Herrera, a "guntuber" known as the AK guy, is currently challenging incumbent Representative Tony Gonzales in the Republican primary in Texas, District 23. Last Tuesday, Gonzales received 45% of the vote, and Herrera 25%, meaning the race will head to a runoff between the two.

What are everyone's thoughts on this race? I know we have at least a few Texas residents on this forum; do any of you live in the district? Who do you plan to vote for?

Me, I desperately want Brandon Herrera to win. I'm sure a lot of people will dismiss him off-hand due to his crass youtube personality and purposefully offensive jokes, as I did initially. But when I heard he was running for Congress, my curiosity was piqued, and I did a little bit of looking into his platform. He can be surprisingly articulate when he decides to talk seriously about political issues, especially 2A issues. If he's even half as good as he presents himself, I have no doubt he's the exact sort of person we need in Congress if we want our country and our rights to be preserved.

Here's the statement he put out after Tuesday's primary. I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't see anything not to love.
    Just based on this alone he seems way better. I thought the same though about Crenshaw but seems d.c changes people and he's just another swamp creature. But maybe Herrera will stay authentic. Man wish we we had true conservatives here in indiana. Hope he wins all the way

Top Bottom