• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    My first born is 2 and we are having great success with potty training and she is quite fluent already.

My 2nd kid is the size of a coconut and will make his/her appearance to the world in 2 months.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    There isn't anything to brag about my kids. Summer is to short and I get to see them again in July :-/

My "kids" at home have 4 feet, that is pretty darn awesome!

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Sweet tell him to read a book called The Lost Art of Steam Heating by Don Holohan. It is a must read for anyone going into steam heat. I am a Boiler operator. After he reads that he will know more then most his teachers unless they are a old school guy.

I will pass that on to him!

That job pays pretty good, congratulations.

Thank you!

:yesway: It's hard work and a good career. Does he know who he's working for?

Not yet, his first day is Monday for orientation

Congrats! You might check with the Mike Rowe Works Foundation is he needs some money to get through. They offer scholarships for the trades.

Profoundly Disconnected

Thank you, I will pass that on to him!

I tell you I couldn't be more proud of him, during high school he talked about collage and different career paths to follow but has always struggled in a classroom( by no way is he not smart, he is a very intelligent just not a book person) but excels with hands on learning. During his senior year he came to me and told me he had decided against college and wanted to pursue a career as a skilled tradesman. He knows that there will be classroom work during this program but is determined to succeed. My dad was a building tech/maintenance man all his life and could tear anything apart and put it back together again, me I can just tear things apart but you can forget about it ever working again!!!! Thankfully he is more like my dad then me :D

OP thanks for this thread, it couldn't have been better timed!!!

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    My son just turned one. He is 32" and 28 lbs. :) Oh, and he's been walking since he was 9 months. His first word was dada, second mama, and third is good dog.

dmazzio

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Danville
    Last Saturday after sighting in her new RAR my 11 year old daughter asks if she can shoot at the strings we have holding the target cans. The strings are 6mm wide and she nailed 2 of them from just over 25yrds. I can't even see the damned things from that distance. Thanks go to ATM and Appleseed.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Mira is incredibly obedient, stays right by my side, gentle as can be.

Guinness is a little ****. He eats **** when I'm not around. Tons of energy, playful.

Oh, I don't have kids. These are my dogs.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Okay, I'll play. Four adult children. One mechanical engineer (Purdue), one elementary teacher (Ball State), one who owns her own logistics company (IU), and one ordained minister with a doctorate in theology from Fuller University ( undergraduate from Depauw). All married once - no divorce. 7 grandkids.

The best part - none of them moved back home after graduating from college before starting their careers !

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    Let's see....my 13yo had 6 teeth pulled today. He's handling it as well as can be expected with no pain meds (couldn't get him to swallow a pill) and swollen cheeks. He downed a frosty like a boss though. My 11yo sharted his pants TWICE today....he's talking to himself in the bathroom about it right now.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I have two kids in their twenties. They are self-supporting and both moved out on their own before their 20th birthday. My son is focusing on his artwork and working a full time job as a pharmacy tech in a hospital to support himself while he hones his talents. My daughter works a job in retail and loves it. As long as they are happy and healthy, mom is happy and proud of them both.

Strug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    West Indy
    This evening, whilst preparing a bath for my boys (ages 3 and 4), I hear giggling coming from the bedroom. What do I find as I go to investigate? Both of them chucking stuffed animals into the ceiling fan. They think it's hilarious when "it launches them into the wall." It's hard to tell them "no", because what I really wanted to do was join in. (For anyone who has never done it, throwing stuff into the ceiling fan is awesome.)

Sorry to take away from those who really want to brag about something noteworthy that their kid(s) has done or accomplished... my kids are quite young so all I can really brag about is the ridiculous things they do. Did I mention that they are darn good looking boys. Must get it from their dad :):

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    This evening, whilst preparing a bath for my boys (ages 3 and 4), I hear giggling coming from the bedroom. What do I find as I go to investigate? Both of them chucking stuffed animals into the ceiling fan. They think it's hilarious when "it launches them into the wall." It's hard to tell them "no", because what I really wanted to do was join in. (For anyone who has never done it, throwing stuff into the ceiling fan is awesome.)

Sorry to take away from those who really want to brag about something noteworthy that their kid(s) has done or accomplished... my kids are quite young so all I can really brag about is the ridiculous things they do. Did I mention that they are darn good looking boys. Must get it from their dad :):

I bet my kids would do this with me if I asked them! Enjoy those babies while they are little. Everyone says they grow too fast, but I can't believe mine are both almost as old as me now. I don't know how my daughter can be 25 when I am just a mere 29.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Congrats to you and your son! Having gone through that program myself I can tell you it's not easy.

By the way... My youngest pissed into the humidifier fan in his bedroom yesterday. Oh and the day before that he whizzed on the concrete floor in the basement. Do those count? He's going to be the death of me.

Strug! All I can say is that I died laughing literally could not breath when I read this! I kept trying to read it to my girlfriend and couldn't because every time I would start I would erupt in laughter and I had to have her come read it!

Then when I scrolled down to your post above (after what I quoted) I was filled with anticipation! I am glad you shared that stuff! Made my night!

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    My wife and I are very blessed to have two wonderful daughters. They are both strong Christians and have humble hearts, full of compassion for others.

This weekend, our youngest will graduate from HS. She is ranked #6 in a class of 108. Ran track, XC and was in the Musical. She will be majoring in Biology at IUPUI this fall.

Her sister is majoring in Special Education at IUPUI and made the Deans list. She spent two years working with Special Needs/Autistic clients and is gifted at showing them love and grace.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    My son is an officer in the Marine Corps and is presently at primary flight school in Corpus Christi. I will tell everyone who is polite enough to listen, I am extremely proud of him. He is an Industrial Engineering graduate of Purdue.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Some great stories shared here!
    My kid is well behaved... a lot of people comment on it. He was voted 'most polite' when graduating elementary school lol.
    He's going into 8th grade, and after his first advanced honors class (math, in 7th grade), he is now taking on honors english & science next year as well.
    He is enjoying scouts, and making progress...
    If he were my kid, I'd brag about him... He looks a helluva lot like me, but I'm beginning to think maybe he is the mailman's kid or something...

Top Bottom