Please reply by conversation.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Refuse to accept a state approved ID to sell a firearm. Have a rule to disarm all their customers while on their premises... umkay... glad it isn't my local gunshop,

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    JBradis DOES have a policy to allow state Id's if you provide documentation with your Id stating your disability. I did not like the rule at first either since I shopped their back in the day when I actually DID have a valid license and most of them know me now for years. However, they still did not accept my State issued ID without medical doc's backing it up. (They even put it on the form you fill out.) At the time I was told it was because they get a lot of bad traffic from the Chicago area with fake IN state ID's.

First, it is their right to determine what ID they like to see. But saying that, I am curious as to why in a case like yours ,they make the exception if you back it up with medical documentation. I would think the OP having his LTCH would be just as sufficient.

Tazman62

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    So now Im also hearing they selectively accept them? that pitiful. Wonder If I can get a doc to write me a note for just plain old not wanting to drive? I was only at 2 counters. I called and asked what they had and as soon as I was in I was at the counter with my taurus... the counter was pretty cluttered and I was also at the middle counter where they do the paper work.... So those 2 counters did not have visible signs......

But yes the State ID is a valid ID and should be accepted as such. The license to carry is plainly easy to conterfeit should cops just automatically take you to jail becuase yours might be suspect? Hell no

I understand being wary of a state ID if you have been burned.. But come on I have a valid state ID, Valid LTCH, I have to go through a NICS check, I had a friend with a valid IN DL. Hell I probably had mail in the car with my name and address. I had more than enough to prove I am who I say I am, I live where it says I live, and I am allowed to own a firearm.

SO once again.. Bradis is very descriminatory. and a big -1 to them

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    First, it is their right to determine what ID they like to see. But saying that, I am curious as to why in a case like yours ,they make the exception if you back it up with medical documentation. I would think the OP having his LTCH would be just as sufficient.
    And why would you want to put yourself in the position of getting people's medical info. Can you imagine the poopstorm if that info gets out. And are they qualified to read those records to decide if your disability is sufficient. I just don't see why they would want to even go down that road.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Ok, so the best answer i can give at this moment is what i'v learned in the short time i'v been there. X amount of yrs ago a certain person who live in Il came over to Indiana and aquired a Indiana St Id card. He then went back to his home town (Chicago) and did a drive by in which a little girl under the age of 10 I believe was murdered. At that point Bradis made it a policy to no longer take Id card unless there is a medical condition. I apoloigize for any inconvienance, but as stated at the door prior to walking in Bradis reserves the right to refuse service to ANYONE, ALSO it is stated at numerious points within the store that Bradis does not accept Indiana St Id cards. Again I am sorry for any inconvieneces, but do to a murder of a small child, it only takes one bad apple to ruin it for the rest.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    And why would you want to put yourself in the position of getting people's medical info. Can you imagine the poopstorm if that info gets out. And are they qualified to read those records to decide if your disability is sufficient. I just don't see why they would want to even go down that road.

I'm not for them seeing medical reasons. I was refering to their choice of ID they wanted to see, whether it be a drivers license or State ID.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I don't get what the big deal is. They have signs up stating the fact. They have a sign saying they can refuse business to anyone. They have the best customer service around the state. They are by far one of the cheapest gun stores around. They don't care if you buy or not, just come in and talk to them. You learn all sorts of stuff about guns. And plus, Shooter521 works there. Well, that could be just ONE bad thing about Bradis too.:D

Just get your drivers license. Don't buy a car. You still don't have to try. And then you can buy a gun from the best gun store around. You'll be much happier.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    So the reason is because someone fraudulently obtained a legal State ID card is why Bradis does not accept them?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Have a rule to disarm all their customers while on their premises... umkay... glad it isn't my local gunshop,

That type of restriction isn't a Bradis-only thing, as many gun shops have signs right on their doors stating the same thing. Its been debated here before, but it generally boils down to lawyers and insurance guys, not shop owners trying to trample folks 2A rights.

Ok, so the best answer i can give at this moment is what i'v learned in the short time i'v been there.

From your post, PPM, I assume you're a representative of Bradis?

I understand your reasoning for the policy, and agree that it is indeed your right to refuse service to anyone for any reason. However, have you folks ever considered revisiting the policy and rethinking it? Considering the OPs totality of circumstances (had matching state ID and LTCH, could've passed a NICS check), it seems like he met a reasonable expectation of positively proving his identity.

Just food for thought.

Tazman62

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    SO I should have to take the driving test all over again, spend money on something I do not want, to go buy a gun from a company with **** poor customer service? A store that treats people who choose not to drive or cant drive like second rate customers not worth their time unless they can invade your privacy? thats one stupid Idea.... Change who I am and what I belive in and feel for a company? Did you think that Idea through before you typed it?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    I'm not a rep, I am only familiar with the policies. I have spoke with the rep and he will respond at his earliest convience. I don't understand what the big deal is honestly, get your DL and all will be well.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I understand your reasoning for the policy, and agree that it is indeed your right to refuse service to anyone for any reason. However, have you folks ever considered revisiting the policy and rethinking it? Considering the OPs totality of circumstances (had matching state ID and LTCH, could've passed a NICS check), it seems like he met a reasonable expectation of positively proving his identity.

Just food for thought.
    This.

With Indiana's new requirements to obtain the new Secure ID (license or ID)...I think it's time to rethink the policy. :twocents:

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    SO I should have to take the driving test all over again, spend money on something I do not want, to go buy a gun from a company with **** poor customer service? A store that treats people who choose not to drive or cant drive like second rate customers not worth their time unless they can invade your privacy? thats one stupid Idea.... Change who I am and what I belive in and feel for a company? Did you think that Idea through before you typed it?
    No you should voice your disapproval, buy your guns elswhere, and get over it. Life isn't always fair.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010

You think thats bad, some people on here require a bill of sell, an ID and a copy of your LTCH for a private sell.

I wanted to buy all of the ammo at walmart a few months ago. It didnt happen because of corporate policy, oh well.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom