• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    All I want is an apology.
    And you would be due an apology if their apparent policy was only intended for you. But I'm sure it's handled that way across the board.

I'm sure Bradis has a good reason for the policy...but I do understand why you're upset. Here's an idea...how about getting a license? No one says you have to drive but it may make things more convenient for you. I've seen more than a small number of businesses that don't accept state ID's.

I'm not sure how Bradis would handle the situation if the person with the state ID was handicapped in some manner. Those folks have no choice in the matter...you however do. :twocents:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    What needs to change is that stupid policy...

At this point I agree with you, but no representative of the shop has stated the reasoning behind the policy. Obviously there is a reason, so I will wait to pass final judgment until I know what that reason is.

Policy aside, it sounds like the rest of your trip was a good one.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

i dont think its stupid if it keeps their business safe, and keeps guns out of criminal hands. Its AMERICAN!!!! They have every right to refuse service to anyone as they choose. you might not be a criminal, but sorry a lot of criminals use the same ID as you to do things illegaly by using a fake ID. I'll never fault anyone for trying to keep the feds out of their ass!

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    i dont think its stupid if it keeps their business safe, and keeps guns out of criminal hands. Its AMERICAN!!!! They have every right to refuse service to anyone as they choose. you might not be a criminal, but sorry a lot of criminals use the same ID as you to do things illegaly by using a fake ID.
    For $50 I can purchase a fake Indiana driver's license as well. They are no more difficult to produce than a fake state ID.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County

Did they not apologize when the transaction was stopped?

I'm sure they have the policy for a reason. I don't see them changing it. When we choose to be a consumer at a business we choose to accept their policies. Everytime I go to the post office for a money order and can't use my debit card as a credit card to get my bonus points it bothers me but it's my choice to accept their policies or take my business elsewhere.

You may run into this "no state ID" policy again so you should do you homework next time to avoid it.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I've had to institute my share of ridiculous policies at my store. There is ALWAYS a reason and there is also ALWAYS someone who takes it as a personal attack and gets bent out of the proverbial shape.

Tazman62

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    If you can fake and ID you can fake a drivers license sorry to say. Its called accomodations. Perhaps they could accomodate people a little better. There is no justifiable reason for no ID. Both Drivers License and ID rquire SSN, Birth Certificate and Proof of residency, Both are commonly accepted forms of ID anywhere from Dons Guns, to the Liquor Store and TSA to board an Airplane. Criminals Probably use State ID's just as much as drivers licenses, I had to go through a NICS anyway, I carry a valid handgun permit as well which requires proof of residency and criminal background check.... So yeah it is a stupid policy. Its descriminatory and wrong. your right they have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason but preemptively refusing is wrong and you can only do it so many times before it becomes illegal. In a dead economy wouldnt you want to pull money into your business not drive it elsewhere? im probably going to go to Indy Trading Post or elsewhere now....

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I'm sure they have the policy for a reason. I don't see them changing it. When we choose to be a consumer at a business we choose to accept their policies.
    But can't you imagine all the hell raising if it were a business that had signs that said "NO GUNS ALLOWED"?

I do find it odd that INGO'ers look the other way when gun shops ask them to unload before entering. :dunno: Even INGO's favorite gun shop (and mine)...Bradis.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    The more I think about this whole thing, the more I am beginning to agree with the OP. A State issued Identification should suffice just as a drivers license does.

I want to hear from the Bradis folks.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Though I don't necessarily agree with this policy, it's their right to have it just as it's our right to chose another place to do business with. Just the same as the issue that public servant brought up, unloading before entering. We have to right to chose to comply, or go elsewhere. I am sorry that your experience with Bradis was negative. I've been in there a few times and have always been treated well. Even you said that up until that point, your experience was going well as far as how the staff was treating you. Just remember, the guy you talked to wasn't the one making the rules, he was just following them.

Last edited:

Tazman62

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I was wrong I forgot they took SSN of ID's for security reasons. But that is why State ID's exist is for the people who cant or dont want to have a Drivers License.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    If you can fake and ID you can fake a drivers license sorry to say. Its descriminatory and wrong.
    Actually...I've seen way more state ID's forged than licenses. But really...it's not discrimination. You choose not to get a license. You're not prohibited from obtaining one. But yeah...it still sucks. I'll wait to hear their reasoning before forming a final opinion. (Not that my opinion matters)

Just an observation... Plead your case with them to change their policy and cut back on the insults just a bit. It may get the results you desire. :twocents: Win their hearts and minds. If that doesn't work...the gloves are off. :):

Tazman62

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Wrong Public Servant there are people prohibited from getting licenses. Like I said earlier there are medically disqualifying conditions.. Those people can only get State ID's

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom