• ...and so much more!
  • FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What is the distance?

From the shooters box to the front edge of the table is 27'. When shooting a Major caliber (.44 SPL/Mag, .45 ACP, .40 S&W, 10mm) the pins are set 3' from the back edge of the table. For Minor calibers (9mm, .38 SPL) the pins are set two feet from the back edge of the table.

LFD102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Brownsburg
    One possibility to consider is that we've started allowing people to shoot BUGs (back up gun) as part of the regular brackets. A BUG is a .38 SPL w/ a 2" or less barrel or a pocket .380 loaded with just five rounds. You shoot just three pins placed at the minor caliber postion on the table. Fun practice for an often carried, seldom shot, firearm.

Will you be shooting BUGs on the 26th I'm interested but only have a 380 right now.

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    John just in case, if it is raining we'll shoot plate racks under the porch cover? So, even if it is raining in the morning the match is still on?

Correct, we'll shoot something (probably steel plates from the covered firing line) if it is raining. Can't promise to provide published results like they do for Friday Night Steel, but there will be an opportunity to shoot something a little more interesting that paper targets.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    It really is a blast, folks. More so when you shoot the real pins than when we shoot the pin plates, but even that is a lot more fun than paper. See, the pins don't just fall over off the back of the table when you hit them; sometimes they spin like a top, sometimes they end up on their side pointing at you, sometimes they just kinda "jump" back a few inches...it's a bit less formal than FNS, and a great time.

Bcampbell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Bloomington
    Hello gents

I just left the gun shop 10 min ago with a new springfield 9mm
    so now I got a bigger gun to come out and play. Good chance i can make it to the pin shoot.
    Brian

Top Bottom