• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Well still no joy after a half dozen good sits put in. Did lose 50 dollars worth of arrows and broadheads (two arrows) on turkeys though. I swear the first one jumped the string, second one went high bc I misjudged the distance.

Small target even at 30-35 yards. My hats off to anyone who can get a turkey with a bow.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Last week, went out with a buddy.

Saw three wandering. One was a girthy chick. Probably 200+lbs. Just couldn't get a clear shot on her.

She was just beyond some brush. I raised my crossbow, she stepped out and by adjusting to get a clear shot, something obstructed my view and by the time I got it worked out she was back in the brush.

Hoping to find her tomorrow and be better prepared for her.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Seeing Dr S for an impinged shoulder again tomorrow.
    Season is getting good, and I'm out.
    Not very happy.

May be out all of next yr too.
    Started PT last week. Was a bit funky. Looks like no surgery, but a lengthy recovery.

Didn't even put 50 shots through my new Hoyt Torrex.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Deer sign in the woods this morning. No deer.
    248355017_10226883812140126_3087259338704706985_n.jpg

248668891_10226883812820143_1299465075484777325_n.jpg

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Start of Nov. will be using the grunt and soft sparring antler rattling, have never had either work in Oct, but great success the 2 weeks before gun season.....but man.....it still looks like summer in the woods, is fall ever going to get here...?

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Start of Nov. will be using the grunt and soft sparring antler rattling, have never had either work in Oct, but great success the 2 weeks before gun season.....but man.....it still looks like summer in the woods, is fall ever going to get here...?
    The forecast for the middle through end of next week looks pretty good.

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Can I ask a dumb question?

I get the deer bundle lic.
    Which gives me three tags. Did I read somewhere you have to take a doe before you take a buck?

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN

Which gives me three tags. Did I read somewhere you have to take a doe before you take a buck?
    No, you can take a buck. Its archery season right now, I was told I could shoot 2 does and buck during archery season and be done before firearms season....I like another opinion but so far thats what it looks like. Seems multiple ways of using it......

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    No, you can take a buck. Its archery season right now, I was told I could shoot 2 does and buck during archery season and be done before firearms season....I like another opinion but so far thats what it looks like. Seems multiple ways of using it......
    Personally my goal this year is to take a deer each season(archery,rifle, muzzleloader). We will see how well I do

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

Only in the deer reduction zone.
    You probably read it though, a lot of people think this is the case.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Doc initially said PT should fix my shoulder.

2nd visit he said we might be doing an MRI.

See what 3rd visit is like, in 3 weeks

It will honk me off if i did 6 weeks of PT, have surgery, and then have to do the PT all over again.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Doc initially said PT should fix my shoulder.

2nd visit he said we might be doing an MRI.

See what 3rd visit is like, in 3 weeks

It will honk me off if i did 6 weeks of PT, have surgery, and then have to do the PT all over again.

Best wishes on the shoulder problem!

I'm sure that I don't have to tell you that surgeons make their money when they cut, right?

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Bought a side by side to help in the getting around and deer hauling.

It's a bit of a project buy. Got it running (kinda) took it out last weekend. Hill was too muddy and strap for the old bald tires.

Saw a deer with the zoomies running allover acting like a spaz. Decided to head out for lunch. Went back to the side by side to exit the woods. Hill I came down was too steep to get up in the mud. So my pal and I spend the rest of the day using a come along to drag it up the hill. Got half way up to a grassy area. Fuel pump went out. So there it sites in the woods behind my pals housel. New parts came in today. Going down on sat to try and install em. I know very very very little about working on engines but I think I can accomplish this on my own....we will see.

View attachment IMG_20211030_154825597.jpg

And here's my pal working that winch

IMG_20211030_155028_01.jpg

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    What a deer hunt, played cat and mouse 2 hours with this buck, 9 times he came towards me then turned around, rattled, grunted...he was too busy fighting and running off other bucks, he had a hot doe...finally gave up and did a fawn bleat...few minutes later he's coming again! 70 yds, 60 yds.....40 yards! All becasue the doe had decide to come down my way....30 yards...20 yards, then finally turned broadside and the arrow passed through and into a tree. Ran over 200 yards and dropped in field. Had to dragged to fence line and over a downed fence, yes at 60 I took many, many breaks, sometimes I dropped and layed beside the deer trying to catch my breathe....My son usually helps but I was on my own today. Got truck back to the field and used a ramp, ramp fell off...I'm stuck holding this buck, on the second try I pulled him up and into truck....the past month doing pull ups sure did help!!!!!! Then I collapsed again in the bed.....lol. Glad its cool, will let hang tonight and tomorrow the canning will begin!!! The neighbor flipped when he saw him, said 200 lbs field dressed he guessed, its a moose, ( 8 pt. ) nearly killed me thumbnail.jpeg off with a heart attack before I ever got a shot! Never had a big buck for this long a time hanging around and coming and then leaving this many times....its usually seconds is all you got. Did taxidermy years ago, he already had a 21" neck at the base tight, and eye to nose was 7 3/4"....that to me tells me this is older deer at least 3.5 years but thats just a opinion and teeth is the sure way. outside spread was 18 1/2", prehistoric on the one side, which is somewhat typical for this area also, about 10 years ago 1/2 mile away a kid shot a 250" buck similar to this one, only way bigger of course. Had the one side huge perfect typical and other side Prehistoric, it was a monster. Looks like the genes are still out there. fullsizeoutput_5d0.jpeg

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    ^^^ Inspiring. Don't count out the old dudes! ^^^
    LMAO...I still remember first deer hunting with a old recurve.....13 years old. Got my first one, huge 8 pt. buck when I was around 14 with shotgun. Made the newspaper...lol....weren't a ton of deer around back in the early 70's in my parts. My older brother in the early 60's never even seen a deer. DSC03250.JPG

Last edited:
    Top Bottom