• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Mine is shipping out on Monday, got the tracking today. I guess PSA has been busy shipping mags to Oregon, which I'm all for it.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Haven't got my hands on the MKE yet. The PTR9K is a Form1 SBR with a B&T folding stock and HK vertical grip, which I like a lot. It would eat from 115gr to 165, flat nose and hallow point. I did swap out the locking piece and rollers to shot it suppressed.

PTR is made in USA, MKE is made in Turkey with HK tooling.

MKE I ordered is the longer barrel version.

Either should be good to go.

The ETS clear polymer mags are not quite reliable. I ordered with 4 mags, 2 are 100% functional, 2 have problems with locking in to the mag well when it's fully loaded.

I bought extra MKE steel mags, they have been 100%.

IMG_7627.jpg

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    These are neat. My old man has two. Sp5k and the mke version. Inwas amazed at the quality of the mke. (He also sold an sp89 converted with an auto sear in the early 2000s but we aren’t allowed to talk about that HA). Very fun guns. We run an omega 9k on ours. Absolute joy to shoot.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I received the MKE, have to wait till the weather opens up to shot it.

I almost got my hand cut wide open while doing the HK slap. The gun came in pretty dry, I did the initial cleaning and oiling.

The edges around the charging handle channel cut out had some sharp burrs, specially the pointy part of the bolt lock. Luckly I wore some good nitrile exam gloves, slap the charging handle, the glove got ripped wide open.

I drove out the roll pin, removed the charging handle, deburred the edges with a small fine tooth file and bearing scraper, finished with some Birchwood Casey Super blue. Not a big deal, but glad I caught it.

Compare the finish and fit quality between the PTR and MKE, PTR is better based on my sample of one of each.

Top Bottom