Bought a deep freeze: expecting to get my first boar next weekend!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Substance-P

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel
    Now there is a little pressure for a successful wild boar hunt. We finally bought an additional deep freeze for the garage in preparation for successful hunting (and for ice cream I was told :)).

Some friends and I are heading to Caryonah in TN to do a little boar hunting next weekend. We've been planning the trip for a long time and it will be all of our first time to hunt boars...should be a blast:ar15:

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    You will have a blast I havnt been in years but I have fond memorys. A family run place that really entertains.

Substance-P

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel
    Is that an expensive trip?
    $800 out the door for a boar that has been skinned and quartered, three days/night lodging, food, tax, etc. An extra $75 to get the boar fully processed (brats, bacon, etc...:))

Not cheap, but not too bad either.

Took out my bushmaster .450 to get it ready.:ar15:

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Please give us a full report when you get back. I'd love to do some hog hunting with my .45-70 someday, but before I spend the money, I'd like to talk to someone that's been.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    Hog hunting is a great time. I used to hunt them in So Cali. I would use a S&W 686 6in 357 w/160 +P loads. Just be prepared for the follow up shot. Sometimes they don't remember to fall down..............lol

Substance-P

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel
    Awesome. I've always wanted to hunt boar. Are you carrying a large caliber handgun as a back-up?

I am carrying my bushmaster .450 as my main gun (it is fun to shoot a 250 grain bullet out of an AR style rifle) and either my Les Baer or my Nighthawk 1911 as my back up with some good old fashion 230 grain FMJ bullets. Oh...and a very large Busse knife in case SHTF..........

Here is a picture of the results of me trying to sight in the eotech on my .450 at 50 yards. It was my first time to shoot the .450 and it is a real Thumper (and not cheap to shoot...so hopefully this will good enough to get the bullet on target).
    450bushmaster.jpg

Top Bottom