• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Congratulations Colorado - you have the balls to stand up to Democrat party tyrants that trample your Second Amendment rights.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Prolly cause they are to busy smoking pot to be smart enough to recall the rest of there democrats and change there laws back.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Hope it sends a message to politicians in other states. Remember what your constituents want. Hope with the recall they also loss their "retirement" benefits. (If I was terminated I can lose mine.)

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Hope it sends a message to politicians in other states. Remember what your constituents want. Hope with the recall they also loss their "retirement" benefits. (If I was terminated I can lose mine.)

I think it's a message that many politicians will put in the memory banks and keep it handy. It's a wake up for those that try to impose restrictions and NOT take the interests of the voters into consideration.
    All politicians better wake the F up and pay attention. I know the people are tired of it and it only takes one match to make a big fire.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Unfortunately, no lessons will be learned. The lefties will cry that "outside money", i.e. the evil NRA bought the vote. Of course, there will be no mention of Bloomberg pouring in the same or more money to sway it the other way.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Unfortunately, no lessons will be learned. The lefties will cry that "outside money", i.e. the evil NRA bought the vote. Of course, there will be no mention of Bloomberg pouring in the same or more money to sway it the other way.

The NRA ($360K) offset Bloomberg's ($350K) money, however the anti-recall group was allowed to accept unlimited donations and ended up spending much more money. I haven't read any concrete totals, but I've seen several estimates at being outspent 7-1. According to one: "The vote has involved more than $3.5 million in campaign contributions, nearly $3 million of it for the anti-recall effort."

This recall changes the Colorado legislature from 20D-15R to 18D-17R. It is unlikely to result in any laws being overturned, but it is much more about telling anti-gun legislatures that they ignore gun rights and the will of their constituents at their career's peril.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom