Boston Bombers Shootout - Would you take the shot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    no...you are acting outside the scope of self defense. If he were shooting at you, different story...

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I'd like to say I would, but I'd be too afraid of the police misidentifying me as with the bomber and shoot me.

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Would you OP? This will be an interesting discussion. Morally I feel that I would be obligated to take the shots (two guys two rounds). But from a personal safety of me and my family I might have to say no. Here is my reasoning: If I engage the hostels I might bring more harm to my family.

Best case:
    I kill/wound/stop them without them getting to return fire. This might lead to me being arrested or court charges putting my family through fiscal and emotional strain. Or if I am not charged then here comes the media... More family strain.

Case II:
    I engage hostels kill one but not the other and then receive return fire. This leads to possible harm to my family and property. On going firefight ends with cops/I killing other guy. More legal problems from engaging hostels but now painted as idiot with a gun that did not really help.

Case III:
    I engage hostels but neither go down instead they turn on me and unload on my house. Next they under my now completely necessary fire make it to the front door of my house. Then break in with the intent to kill/maim me and my family.

Case IV:
    I stand by with "evil rifle" or as I prefer to call it my personal liberty rifle in case they were to turn towards my house with the intent to use it as cover from the cops.

Parker :popcorn:

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Case IV:
    I stand by with "evil rifle" or as I prefer to call it my personal liberty rifle in case they were to turn towards my house with the intent to use it as cover from the cops.

Best option...be ready with your rifle. As soon as they bust in, it's game over.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Not unless my life depended on it.

or if I had a supressed 300 Blackout. Nobody would ever know!

I have a suppressed 300 BLK and I wouldn't take the shot. I would call 911 and try to provide information that would be helpful to the current confrontation.

Only way I would take the shot is if I was asked to by LEO, either via the 911 link or via some other communication verbally as the situation unfolded.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Would you OP? This will be an interesting discussion. Morally I feel that I would be obligated to take the shots (two guys two rounds). But from a personal safety of me and my family I might have to say no. Here is my reasoning: If I engage the hostels I might bring more harm to my family.

Best case:
    I kill/wound/stop them without them getting to return fire. This might lead to me being arrested or court charges putting my family through fiscal and emotional strain. Or if I am not charged then here comes the media... More family strain.

Case II:
    I engage hostels kill one but not the other and then receive return fire. This leads to possible harm to my family and property. On going firefight ends with cops/I killing other guy. More legal problems from engaging hostels but now painted as idiot with a gun that did not really help.

Case III:
    I engage hostels but neither go down instead they turn on me and unload on my house. Next they under my now completely necessary fire make it to the front door of my house. Then break in with the intent to kill/maim me and my family.

Case IV:

Parker :popcorn:

Shooting towards hostels is almost never a good idea, especially with all the young backpackers that are usually inside, unless of course the hostel is hosting hostile :xmad: hostiles...in that case I think it would be OK to shoot towards a hostel! ;)

Judging by at the angle of the pics & video, if was a homeowner and I could be reasonably certain that the only officers in the immediate vicinity were where the two turd's weapons were pointing/engaging, assuming we are talking about this going down in Indiana under Indiana law which allows defense of a third party, I'd probably try to Swiss cheese these two. :ar15:

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    If I had a video camera I'd take the shot, (video), then sell it to the highest bidder and buy more "evil black rifles" It's a win for me.:rockwoot:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I'm no expert on shooting from inside a building but watching sniper shows on the military channel has given me an idea on how to shoot from the inside to the outside without being seen and making yourself more of a target. Stand back from the window and don't stick any part of your firearm or your body out of the window. If the bad guys and the police are actively shooting at each other, your shots may not even be heard or could be mistaken for those fired by the police or BGs. That is just my opinion and how I would do it if faced with the situation.

What happens after the shooting stops? I can't say. The next question would be how you let the police know you shot the BGs without putting yourself in legal jeopardy.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I'm no expert on shooting from inside a building but watching sniper shows on the military channel has given me an idea on how to shoot from the inside to the outside without being seen and making yourself more of a target. Stand back from the window and don't stick any part of your firearm or your body out of the window. If the bad guys and the police are actively shooting at each other, your shots may not even be heard or could be mistaken for those fired by the police or BGs. That is just my opinion and how I would do it if faced with the situation.

What happens after the shooting stops? I can't say. The next question would be how you let the police know you shot the BGs without putting yourself in legal jeopardy.

you would need a flash hider or silencer to prevent light flashing the room

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Yes, with the right tools (suppressed AR-15 with night vision scope with magnification), positive identity of the threat and vantage point and a clear shot. Other than that, nope.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The problem with this question, although a nobel idea to want to help nobody watching knew what was really going on. Yes there were police shooting at someone but no one knew it was in fact the 2 bombing suspects. Factor in that the suspects started trowing their explosives I think it's a fair statement to say everyone here acting on their own is way out of their league. Not to mention you are going to cause more turmoil which will be bad for you when the officers hear fire from another direction and having no way of knowing you are helping. Remember Officers have radio contact and know where where each other are at more than likely.

It's sort of easy 5 days later after facts come out to say what you would have done but as it happened no one has that luxury, I don't care how good you think you are.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom