• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Today my boss calls me into his office and says he wants to show me something. Lying on his desk is a brand new Ruger Mark III with a Tactical Solutions suppressor on it. ( By the way I love my job!) I got to try it out later and it is as you might expect sweet.

My question since I am a class III noob is what are the implications of loaning this firearm to me to shoot? Also since he is challenged when it comes to gun cleaning and new to the Ruger he is not comfortable cleaning it yet and I thought of offering to clean it for him and then teach him how to do it. Can I transport it to my home to clean it for him? What would be needed besides my LTCH to transport or is it even legal at all? Thanks for any info.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    You can't take it with you. If you had possession of his NFA item without him being present, then an illegal transfer will have taken place.

Gaffshot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    -

Yep, what they said. I read the rule last week and recall seeing that loaning was included in the definition of "transfer" and therefore a no-go. However, that's just off my memory and I don't have the rule in front of me.

Top Bottom