• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Did anyone just feel something like a boom in Plainfield? I was at work, we had a huge BOOM outside. We all went outside and everyone in the surrounding biuldings was outside too, looking for something that might have crashed or exploded. It was too low pitched to be a sonic boom.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    It shook the entire building. Literally if something had gone up! Not sure about earthquake, maybe UFOs!

BWframe: Literally, just about 15-20 minutes ago? This supports the earthquake theory.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It shook the entire building. Literally if something had gone up! Not sure about earthquake, maybe UFOs!

BWframe: Literally, just about 15-20 minutes ago? This supports the earthquake theory.
    Yes.
    No shaking here that I felt. This sounded like a large gust of wind hit the top of my pole barn. Looked outside to see no wind. Maybe a slight vibration I didn't readily feel that amplified up the poles to the roof?

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Our roof here at work in the facility is metal. I am thinking maybe some amplification. The USGS hasnt said anything, but I dont think I am under the impression that they update very often.

Regarding the meth lab: We had a neighbor at one time (renter) that had a meth lab. I kept calling the cops, saying I smell something terrible and there are little pops here and there in the night. The cops sure came with the fire department responded to a small boom in their garage and tons of smoke....

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    The last real earthquake we had I was sitting at my desk and looked at the USGS site within five minutes. The quake was already listed, and the aftershocks were updated all day long.

Tremor The Upward Way Press
    Quake The Upward Way Press
    Make it 5.4 The Upward Way Press

That was the day I found out that my old state police buddy is now the Executive Director of Indiana Homeland Security, by the way.

Anyway, I vote against the earthquake theory on the basis of my experience with quick updating of the USGS site.

Sonic boom? Pretty near the airport.

imprimis5

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    Plainfield, IN
    I was out with the dog when this happened. I thought maybe I was crazy, but the dog was really spooked by it. I've been trying to work out how it could somehow be related to an impending zombie apocalypse all evening.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    My wife was home and she said she heard it. She said our house by the High School started shaking.

Sorry to let yo guys down, but I don't think its Zombies....we would all know by now..

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Did anyone ever figure this out? I had heard and felt it also. I've heard sonic booms from jets and that wasn't one. If so they do it occasionally just to **** us off cause I hear it late at night in the summer a lot also. I used to think it was construction, but at night?

I never found anything about this not even from the USGS

Top Bottom