• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    What books, films, tv shows or other media have you looked back and wondered, "Is that where they got the idea in the first place?!"

1984 by George Orwell: Orwell was flipping Nostradamus in my opinion and the only thing he got wrong was the year. So much of what we've seen going on in the last decade are basically ripped from his pages that I don't understand why people can't see it.

V for Vendetta: If Hollywood isn't prophetic then the only other conclusion is that TPTB got the idea for COVID from this film.

The Last Ship: a TBS series that really explored what an America torn down to its foundations by pandemic would look like, as well as how opportunists will step into power vacuums and seize power. It's fictional virus jumps from human to livestock to crop which seems scientifically implausible but I think this gave the gov't and media the boldness to try to convince us that COVID did the same thing so they could cover their tracks because if we saw it on tv then it must be possible.

I've seen lots of comparisons to I Am Legend but honestly I don't see as much real-world comparison unless people actually start turning into flesh-eating zombies.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    In before some silly person says:

The bible

But really though I think we are well on our way to a personal favorite "fahrenheit 451"

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    About 20+ years ago a neighbor lady gave me a book called (I think): Chequemate ; The Game of Princes.

I read it quickly and easily and thought it was woo woo. Over the years it has become more, "hmmm".

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    A12da-rPruL.jpg

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    The way things are going Kurt Schlichter's "People's Republic" and "Indian Country" just may come true.
    Great series of books! He keeps cranking 'em out, and I keep loading up the Kindle with 'em.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    In before some silly person says:

The bible

But really though I think we are well on our way to a personal favorite "fahrenheit 451"
    I was thinking Fahrenheit 451 as the prelude to 1984.
    There is a short story by Kurt Vonnegut titled Harrison Bergeron that I think sums up the progressive/antifa/academia mindset. Everything equal at all costs; holding back the advanced in stead of lifting up those not yet advanced.

Top Bottom