• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INPoolPlayer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    NOBLESVILLE
    Whenever I get into a new hobby I usually try to find the most noteworthy and accepted books on the subject to learn the culture, general information about equipment and terminology and technique. Even on a subject like billiards (my first passion) there is no shortage of this material. However, I'm having a much harder time finding books about firearms, shooting, and personal defense. What books I have found are mostly political in nature. I recognize that is important, but I'm profoundly familiar with the political side of it. I'm looking for something more practical. Any suggestions of books, or where I should look for them?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You have got to have this one....

Sixguns_M29_lg.jpg

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Perusing my bookshelves I find these. Some you may have to find used somewhere. "The Pistol Shooter's Treasury" Gil Hebard...."No Second Place Winner" Bill Jordan....."To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth" Jeff Cooper......Shotguns and Shooting" Michael McIntosh........."Complete Book of Shooting" Jack O'Connor....."Fast and Fancy Revolver Shooting" Ed McGivern....."Big Bore Sixguns" John Taffin.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    OP, in what aspect of firearms are you most interested? A book on defensive handgunning is quite different than a book on big game hunting for example.

INPoolPlayer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    NOBLESVILLE
    OP, in what aspect of firearms are you most interested? A book on defensive handgunning is quite different than a book on big game hunting for example.

Yeah I would agree. I would say I'm not really interested in hunting, but other than that I was looking for books that were a reliable source for general information: basic weapon operation and maintainece, shooting fundamentals for handguns, basic densive tactics, information on different types of ammo, etc. I've learned a lot from watching youtube, but some reference material to keep and refer back to would be good. I'll be checkinh out some of the titles that have been posted. Thank you all for that. Also, I realize books and videos are supplemental to instruction and training and not a replacement for them.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    If your interest lies in older guns look for used copies of ILLUSTRATED FIREARMS ASSEMBLY HANDBOOK Vol.1&2 by the NRA
    GUN DIGEST EXPLODED FIREARMS DRAWINGS .GUN DIGEST FIREARMS ASSEMBLY/DISASSEMBLY vol.1&2
    DAVID CORICOINE'S ANTIQUE FIREARMS ASSEMBLY /DISASSEMBLY
    AND ANY FLAVOR OF jERRY KUHNHAUSEN MANUALS ON COLT ,S&W and others
    Also the 4th edition of the standard catalog of smith & wesson Suppica & Nahas
    Dmith & wesson 1857-11945 by JINKS & Neal .Also any book by Roy Jinks on S&W

Top Bottom