• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UltraRick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Georgetown
    Great post apocolapse film with Denzel Washington. Not to spoil the movie for you but it does show how low society will go when food and water run out, I thought it was a good movie.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    i wasn't really impressed overall. There were a few good fight scenes but overall it wasn't as good as I though it would be. Too many unanswered questions.

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I loved it. I like the fact that at one point he says "people threw stuff away, stuff that we kill people for now". It was very "fallout-esque" but with an interesting religious twist. BIG fan.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    WOW, just WOW, just came home from seeing it, and it was well worth it. Strongly recommend it. Not a spoiler here but I kind of thought it would be more pertaining to the prophet Elijah who wrote a great deal about his post Apocalypse prophesies. (His writings pertaining to this were not included in the bible.)

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    left out

WOW, just WOW, just came home from seeing it, and it was well worth it. Strongly recommend it. Not a spoiler here but I kind of thought it would be more pertaining to the prophet Elijah who wrote a great deal about his post Apocalypse prophesies. (His writings pertaining to this were not included in the bible.)
    According to banned from the Bible 1 & 2 on the History channel lots of stuuf was left out, didn't know there was a Gospel of Judas for instance. But still have read the rest of what we have befor I read the other stuff

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    According to banned from the Bible 1 & 2 on the History channel lots of stuuf was left out, didn't know there was a Gospel of Judas for instance. But still have read the rest of what we have befor I read the other stuff

There is good reason that Judas was left out, it wasn't written till 100+ years after the 4 Gospels we have. It was written by Gnostics.

The Book of Enoch, however, was written around 100BC or thereabouts, at least part of it.

These books are facinating topics to research....

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    There is good reason that Judas was left out, it wasn't written till 100+ years after the 4 Gospels we have. It was written by Gnostics.

The Book of Enoch, however, was written around 100BC or thereabouts, at least part of it.

These books are facinating topics to research....

This.

Despite what the conspiracy theorists woud like you to think, there were very good reasons most of the apocrifa books were omited. They contain good moral messages, but I have not found them to be on par with established scriptures.

I saw the book of Eli last weekend. I LOVED it. Good action, good plot, and a few surprising twists!

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I love post holocaust and for that reason alone I like this movie.

HOWEVER, the last bible in the United States??? PLEASE!!!

I am a Christian, but a secular one. Even then if you search my home you will probably find at least seven (7) bibles IF we took the time to search. I doubt I could find them all in a day if I wanted to. One (1) or two (2) could well be buried in a box in the attic.

Now, let's presume bad holocaust based on religious zealots. I'll give that one. But then to presume that after the fact devout Christians wouldn't fight back? Presume the Christians are loosing, they would then go underground and hide their bibles just as persecuted religions have done for thousands of years.

You may well be unable to find a bible on the streetcorner where the stack of books was burned but go out into the country and start searching every farmhouse. Or what about every motel room?

Very dumb premise in my opinion.

It would have been SSSOOOOO easy for them to say he had come from the east through the ruins of the great capitol and had the original Constitution or Declaration of Independence. People would be inspired by these, flock to these, and whoever owned these would have some legitimate claim to governmental power. Now THAT would have been believable, but that's just me.

Regards,

Doug

Top Bottom