Body work experts.... should I start window shopping for a new car?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I guess I should have gone through mine at first, but I figured it was a clear cut case of liability since it isn't legal to make a left turn from the right lane of a two lane, one way street.
    Nothing is ever clear cut when dealing in legalese. Your insurance company will take care of you. Don't forget to file or have them file the proof of insurance document with the state.

ws98ta

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If you plan on trading the car in, make sure their Incs pays for depreciation. When you go to trade it in, and the car facts or what every they use shows an accident, they will offer you a lot less for trade. My Inlaws had a very minor accident in a parking lot that required the bumper be repainted(not replaced), dropped 2,500 off trade value.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Let your insurance do the talking and do not sign or agree to anything. The police report is all they need.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Happy (somewhat) update: Car has been seen by my insurance's adjuster and should start the repair process soon. I got out of the crappy Elantra (the seat was the most uncomfortable seat I have ever sat in, if a full size truck wasn't so expensive, I probably would have requested a F150 from Enterprise, I know they are comforable). Now I am asking for something from my insurance. Part of the repair process is replacing the right front tire. I am asking that they replace the left front tire also. I don't think having one tire with zero miles and the other three with 20,000 is good. Would love to get all four new tires, but won't go that far. Have to see what they say.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I never did update this.

Here is hte ending of hte story.

My insurance fixed it, but due to the delay of trying to go through their insurance, my rental car coverage ran out two days before it got fixed. I had to pay it. Of course that two days would have been covered had the body shop not been closed Wednesday, Thursday and Friday for Thanksgiving when it was being fixed.

Today I got a check for my deductible. Now I'm probably going to get rid of the car this summer and get a 16 or 17 Wrangler Unlimited.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Oddly enough, my ex called me a couple days ago, someone hit her in the exact same fashion, turning left from the right lane on a one way street. Thankfully it was at a pretty low speed.

Top Bottom