• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    If you have any of the ice cream from them you need to check the date code on the bottom and if the date code is followed by the letters O, P, Q, R, S or T, then you should dispose of it. Listeria is not a good add in to ice cream or anything else. Definitely a case of better safe than sorry. Blue Bell has already closed down the plant to try and disinfect it, so they are taking it seriously.

Walmart Joins List Of Retailers Removing All Blue Bell Ice Cream Products From Shelves ? Consumerist

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Bummer, Blue Bell Ice Cream is some good stuff. I like it far too much. Had some last night, as a matter of fact. So far so good, can't wait to get home and check the code on the bottom of the 3/4 empty container. :popcorn:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    We have 4 1/2 gallon tubs at home. Don't judge - they were bought on sale as preps for a combined birthday party for our two kids.

Thankfully none of the 4 are so-marked with the O, P, Q, R, S or T.

Very very thankful.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Turns out it was Dreyer's, not Bluebell. Forgot that last ice cream buy was in a convenience store that only stocks Dreyer's, not at HEB. All is well in the household.

sbu sailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    South of Center...
    I guess I've been talking "bug out bag" more than I thought. This morning my nine year old step daughter says, "People could just boil it (blue bell) to kill the germs, then eat it... right?"

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Nver had blue bell. I use to work for a competitor , i know they arent inside walgreens anymore.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I love Blue Bell. I don't like the commercials though.

Anyway I think we have some in the freezer now. Have to check the dates.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Been to the creamery several times, my inlaws live not too far from there. Nice tour if you get the chance. We have 6 half gallons in the freezer, I tried each one and didn't taste any listeria. Willing to bet this was some sort of corporate spy from the crappy bryers corporation.

YETB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Indy - West
    Its the 70 day dormant/incubation period that bothers me. We are (were) a BlueBell only household... countdown clock running !

Symptoms usually occur within 30 days - but up to 70 - that's a long time to wonder. April 11 was last time we consumed - so if you don't hear from me by june 21 - send help

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    My wife read something about Jenny's being affected now too. The two companies have no affiliation and Jenny's is a pretty small market. Really makes me wonder about which company with declining sales sent someone out to sabotage the better product

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    My wife read something about Jenny's being affected now too. The two companies have no affiliation and Jenny's is a pretty small market. Really makes me wonder about which company with declining sales sent someone out to sabotage the better product

Or probably a common ingredient sourced from the same place?

Top Bottom