Black powder splitting wedge confiscated..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I'd never heard of a black powder splitting wedge before. That's pretty cool.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    How could that be any worse than those big mortar shell fireworks that folks seem to like setting off for any excuse (or none) on seemingly random nights??
    lol, my neighborhood seems to spend two weeks "testing" fireworks before any holiday. Memorial day is May 29th, today is the 13th, I guess the rain is holding people back. I think the fireworks stands should issue calendars <grin>

Hkindiana

Master
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Now I know one more reason why they no longer make these. I was using mine yesterday, and instead of splitting the log, it just blasted a ten pound chunk off of the side. It flew 36 feet and smashed onto the side of my house creating a twelve inch gash/crack in the siding. It missed the window by ONE INCH, and on the way to my house it flew about two feet from me!!! All that with just one film canister of 2F black powder.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    Now I know one more reason why they no longer make these. I was using mine yesterday, and instead of splitting the log, it just blasted a ten pound chunk off of the side. It flew 36 feet and smashed onto the side of my house creating a twelve inch gash/crack in the siding. It missed the window by ONE INCH, and on the way to my house it flew about two feet from me!!! All that with just one film canister of 2F black powder.
    Could you Video your next couple stumps - would make a cool Youtube video

Remington 90T

Marksman
    Mar 8, 2023
    Brodhead Wisconsin
    . I was using mine yesterday, and instead of splitting the log, it just blasted a ten pound chunk off of the side. It flew 36 feet and smashed onto the side of my house creating a twelve inch gash/crack in the siding.
    Grand dad always tied a red flag on his for we could find it in the woods if it took off-They are far from a toy - I lay a sandbag on top of mine - or if it's laying down a nother log up to it .

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    That's not a good reason to quit making them, any more than stopping production of "Jarts", because people couldn't figure out how to step out of their way...

Hkindiana

Master
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    That's not a good reason to quit making them, any more than stopping production of "Jarts", because people couldn't figure out how to step out of their way...
    I watched a video on u-tube of a couple of guys using one who decided to use smokeless powder Instead of black powder. It turned into a BOMB

Top Bottom