Black powder splitting wedge confiscated..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Remington 90T

Marksman
    Mar 8, 2023
    Brodhead Wisconsin
    Showing the grandkids how we split wood with a black powder splitting wedge when the cops showed up. Said it was an illegal explosive device. I tried to explain it is not a explosive device, or a gun, but a splitting wedge for wood ---Made by the Hutchison co. in Pa. plainly labeled US patented date Oct. 11 1932. Took it anyway .. Will have to make a trip to the P.D. tomorrow. Only thing he might get me on is noise --100grain 2F makes a nice boom.

Remington 90T

Marksman
    Mar 8, 2023
    Brodhead Wisconsin
    Great video thanks for posting --Mine is more of a wedge -- same affect-Back in the day we tide a red ribbon to it in case it didn't split but took off like a rocket and we could find it.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    If you lived in the 'burbs and your neighbor was doing this...?

Don't get me wrong, I think it's cool. I could see the other side though. Might wanna discuss with the neighbors before lighting that fuse?

Lovemywoods always made the rounds to the neighbors, prior to NFA Days.

I didn't say which one might be the a-hole in this story... ;) j/k

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Showing the grandkids how we split wood with a black powder splitting wedge when the cops showed up. Said it was an illegal explosive device. I tried to explain it is not a explosive device, or a gun, but a splitting wedge for wood ---Made by the Hutchison co. in Pa. plainly labeled US patented date Oct. 11 1932. Took it anyway .. Will have to make a trip to the P.D. tomorrow. Only thing he might get me on is noise --100grain 2F makes a nice boom.
    So they said you set off an illegal explosive device but they didn't arrest you?

Top Bottom