• KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    This is a disgrace. Why? Why?
    I've been fighting racism since I was born. Not too many Korean Hillbillies around and my target is made larger by being in skilled trades, a veteran and patriot. I can't get a break from anyone but most of my brother Masons. Notice I said most. It still happens.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think the manufacturer of the hammer would take the hit. Similarly to what they are trying to do against the gun manufacturers. I’m sure knife companies are watching closely as well.
    That's what I was referring to.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Perhaps some of this stems from the fact that Asians have done well in this country in business and financially and are held up as a success story that poorly reflects on other less successful minority stories.

Some self loathing turning to violence.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Perhaps some of this stems from the fact that Asians have done well in this country in business and financially and are held up as a success story that poorly reflects on other less successful minority stories.

This was definitely theorized during the LA riots. Lots of seething resentment that these Asian immigrants came to town, set up businesses, and immediately leapfrogged the black population that had been languishing in poverty for generation after generation. Asian businesses were the primary targets of the looting and destruction. It was a temper tantrum over having another ethnic group come in and rub their own inadequacies in their faces.

30 years later, no lessons have been learned.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

I often wonder if this is the root cause of racial animosity in general, and the perception of "systemic racism."

When you see others doing well and you aren't, repeatedly, you're going to start forming a belief system.

Top Bottom