• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Coydog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2010
    Fort Greenwood
    A politically correct assortment of fetishists, tax collectors, lawyers, sadists and homosexuals make strange bedfellows. A person who loves guns more than his neighbors and is more concerned with his lifestyle than his civic duty is willing to make too many compromises. Those who are suspicious of the ones who make these associations for the sake of their hobby are unjustly derided as hoplophobes.

The public image of the gun culture is not good. Hollywood and its political allies have made a mockery of gun owners from both ends of the spectrum and down the middle. The innocent helpless public is caught in the middle between destructive warring factions of stereotypical good guys and bad guys who bump elbows and rub shoulders in barrooms and internet forums comparing and admiring each other’s hardware when off duty. Gun owners of all stripes perpetuate these memes by buying into the glamorous Hollywood images provided to them.

Are we comfortable comparing notes with serial killers and terrorists who misuse the tools that we like to pretend are Liberty’s teeth instead of icons to console us in our fear? Without any sense of civic duty, self-defense is merely selfish defensive posturing.

INGO has banned the baby and kept the bath water with which to make Kool-Aid. It may be palatable to some but it is still bath water.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    A politically correct assortment of fetishists, tax collectors, lawyers, sadists and homosexuals make strange bedfellows. A person who loves guns more than his neighbors and is more concerned with his lifestyle than his civic duty is willing to make too many compromises. Those who are suspicious of the ones who make these associations for the sake of their hobby are unjustly derided as hoplophobes.

The public image of the gun culture is not good. Hollywood and its political allies have made a mockery of gun owners from both ends of the spectrum and down the middle. The innocent helpless public is caught in the middle between destructive warring factions of stereotypical good guys and bad guys who bump elbows and rub shoulders in barrooms and internet forums comparing and admiring each other’s hardware when off duty. Gun owners of all stripes perpetuate these memes by buying into the glamorous Hollywood images provided to them.

Are we comfortable comparing notes with serial killers and terrorists who misuse the tools that we like to pretend are Liberty’s teeth instead of icons to console us in our fear? Without any sense of civic duty, self-defense is merely selfish defensive posturing.

INGO has banned the baby and kept the bath water with which to make Kool-Aid. It may be palatable to some but it is still bath water.

OP, please make it clear what this thread is about, before it goes in an unintended direction.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    It's a criticism of Ingo and those of us who post here. He's accusing the membership of romanticizing and fantasizing about guns and their use without responsibility to our society.

I don't know what he means about banning the baby, clearly he has some issue with a particular rule but won't spell it out. He also has a couple of other poorly worded sentences that are also a criticism of the membership here, but they are incomprehensible as to exact meaning.

He fancies himself a good writer, but he's either not capable of being clear, or doesn't have the courage to be clear.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I think there might be something intelligent and insightful in there but the whole thing is so vague and random that I can't make heads or tails of it. Maybe if the OP would clarify a bit?

Coydog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2010
    Fort Greenwood
    Trying to write clearly within the confines of political correctness is always less than satisfactory. I didn't trip the netnanny and the post hasn't been deleted. That may be the best I can do under the circumstances.

Maybe this should have been posted under Forum Concerns. That is what it is about. When people leave because of the dictates of their consciences, that is reason for concern.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Coydog's Koolaid Summer Drink
    1. Scald child in water.
    2. Kick kid to curb.
    3. Add Koolaid mix with child-scald water.
    4. Blare Metallica to drown out child screams, consume mixture.
    5. Read INGO daily.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

Members of INGO (fetishists, cops, lawyers, etc.) love their guns more than their neighbors and they dislike anyone who questions the 2nd Amendment.

The view of gun owners is defined by Hollywood where the 'sheep' are caught between good and evil. Gun owners perpetuate this idea by buying into all the Hollywood 'tacticool,' good vs. evil stuff; i.e. the movie "The Punisher." The good guy out punishing the bad guys and getting even.

Gun owners (members of INGO) pretend that we own guns in the spirit of the 2nd Amendment, protecting ourselves and our families from oppression, but in reality we cling to them out of fear.

Not too sure on this one.

I read it again and this is what I got out of it. Maybe this will help others.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    for those who've been around for awhile - doesn't this remind you of the
    "mebfsdffyuk" thread that 40 Cal Punisher had going?

We're all sitting around wondering what the heck he's trying to say?

Not sure this one's rooted in humor though...

Since you mention "banning". Is this more about the banning of insulting people's religion around here?

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    I'm going to join the confused group, all I know is that were all here for common hobbies/goals (think protection of the second), and that I couldn't care less what Hollywood or others think about Me, My lifestyle, and My Hobbies.

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood

Gun owners (members of INGO) pretend that we own guns in the spirit of the 2nd Amendment, protecting ourselves and our families from oppression, but in reality we cling to them out of fear.

Not too sure on this one.

I read it again and this is what I got out of it. Maybe this will help others.

STRICTLY INTERPRETATION, YMMV:

We own guns in the spirit of the 2nd Amendment, but aren't allows to speak of the mean through which they would be used to protect ourselves from oppression.

We've kept the bath water (firearm ownership and the 2nd Amendment), but have banned the baby (freedom/liberty/ideas).

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I reread the OP again and may have figured it out a little more. My response:

The green dog lay mootly beside the yellow river. Taco shells, watermelon rinds, and sea turtles. Red rover, red rover, the baby flies at midnight.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    It's a criticism of Ingo and those of us who post here. He's accusing the membership of romanticizing and fantasizing about guns and their use without responsibility to our society.

I don't know what he means about banning the baby, clearly he has some issue with a particular rule but won't spell it out. He also has a couple of other poorly worded sentences that are also a criticism of the membership here, but they are incomprehensible as to exact meaning.

He fancies himself a good writer, but he's either not capable of being clear, or doesn't have the courage to be clear.
    This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    It's a metaphorical slap at INGO, its Members, and the INGO Staff. :n00b:
    IMO
    Not worth the time it took to read either. :noway:

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    facepalm.jpg

CVMA544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    SW Indiana
    I reread the OP again and may have figured it out a little more. My response:

The green dog lay mootly beside the yellow river. Taco shells, watermelon rinds, and sea turtles. Red rover, red rover, the baby flies at midnight.

The chair is against the wall..........The chair is against the wall

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom