• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    BTW - I'm not a union-protected f---up. I may be part of the union, but you don't have the right to judge me when you don't know me.
    Methinks thou dost protest too much.

I never said YOU were a union-protected f***up. I simply stated that I am not one, never saying nor implying that ALL union workers are f***ups. But since I did have a union job at one time, I can tell you THERE ARE union-protected f***ups -- workers so incompetent and/or lazy that management desperately needs to get rid of them, but can't.

I just loooooooved :rolleyes: handing over a portion of my paycheck to an organization that ensured that no matter how irresponsible and unproductive those f***ups were, they got paid the same as me.

Ahhh... that's just the kind of system that made the Soviet Union the great nation it is today.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.

I never said YOU were a union-protected f***up. I simply stated that I am not one, never saying nor implying that ALL union workers are f***ups. But since I did have a union job at one time, I can tell you THERE ARE union-protected f***ups -- workers so incompetent and/or lazy that management desperately needs to get rid of them, but can't.

I just loooooooved :rolleyes: handing over a portion of my paycheck to an organization that ensured that no matter how irresponsible and unproductive those f***ups were, they got paid the same as me.

Ahhh... that's just the kind of system that made the Soviet Union the great nation it is today.

And soon the U.S. I'm afraid!!!!! :rolleyes:
    :cheers:

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Since this thread has morphed into a union/no union thread I'd like to weigh in as someone in the nursing profession.

Benefits: Our benefits are HORRIBLE. $100 a month for health insurance and that only covers the hospitals in the network. The benefits have slowly been eroded away over the last 20 years. What once was 100% coverage is now 90%.

Pay: RN's make about 50K a year. That is a degree prepared nurse. Your ability to SAVE LIVES is worth 50K a year. Nurses, when adjusted for inflation, haven't gotten a raise since 1992.

Retirement: The only offer of retirement is to talk to AIG rep about investing your money. That is NUTS! These people can't even manage the money they have now. I'll be damned if I give them mine.

Now all of this being said the nurses do have a union. It is weak and a non factor. When hospital administration comes down and says that "the budget is tight, we can't give you a raise and we can't afford the christmas bonus this year." everyone just takes it. There is a general sentiment of "hm must be so. We are always full though...." While they don't give out raises the presidents and CEO's are getting huge bonuses for cutting costs. Patient loads are getting greater because if they call someone in it might be overtime. So YOU , Joe or Jane off the street, get a stressed out nurse that can't give you the care you deserve so the hospital can save a buck here or there for the bottom line. Your life isn't worth it.

So I look at what the unions did in the beginning. Made work conditions better. Brought a fair wage. Gave employees a voice.

This opnion is bases solely on my personal experience, as it cannot be based on anything else.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

I absolutely agree with you. The problem is that if the union doesn't represent everyone, then they are in danger of a lawsuit. Believe me, no one in our plant wants the human waste that we are forced to work with. It goes both ways, though. There are quite a few college educated individuals, that have been there longer than I have, that have no business being a supervisor.

What amazes me is that everyone wants to point the finger at the workers making $70+ an hour. Let them take the fall for the big shots who have made the poor decisions. If the auto industry fails, 3-5 millions jobs will be lost - do you think that the big shots will be near as affected as the vast majority of the others?

Who knew that they were going to have to pay out millions a year for retirees (which they agreed to), yet did a poor job planning for it? Those with the college educations. Who are the ones who spend millions a year to design a vehicle that they KNOW they will never produce? College educated people. Who is going to take the hardest fall for all those poor, college educated, decisions? The workers with the high school diploma.

Top Bottom