Big Brass Ones. 17,500 feet on a paramotor.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Meh. once you get over 100' in the air, it doesnt make much difference how much higher you go. You're still going to be equally dead.
    I can tell you there will be more **** in my pants falling from 17000 feet versus falling from 100 feet. Even if I don't fall, there will be more **** in my pants.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Meh. once you get over 100' in the air, it doesnt make much difference how much higher you go. You're still going to be equally dead.
    You are correct and I am terrified of heights. I did enjoy skydiving though, took everything I had to step out of that plane (both times) but I absolutely loved the 60 second free fall. Once the chute opened the butterflies swarmed my gut and I just wanted down, right that instant lol.

I give the kid credit for going anything over 20' in that thing. No way.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Ballsy to say the least.

I'm surprised he did that without supplemental oxygen.

I think I will stick to flying with some hp in front and aluminum wrapped around in the form of a cessna.

edit: did anyone catch where he is from? EditEdit: Looks like Florida from his other videos. So starting point was basically sea level.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ballsy to say the least.

I'm surprised he did that without supplemental oxygen.

I think I will stick to flying with some hp in front and aluminum wrapped around in the form of a cessna.

edit: did anyone catch where he is from? EditEdit: Looks like Florida from his other videos. So starting point was basically sea level.
    Florida man... well that explains a lot! :):

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    He's been flying for a long time, he went out and did it, legally, took some calculated risk based on his experience, under ideal conditions, and had a lot fun.

Two thumbs up from me.

This is one from 3 years ago.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I saw the video where Tucker Gott did this a few years ago. Altitude is your friend - the ground is the limit - and I know he's paying attention to what airspace he's in, but I would want no part of playing with the Big Boys with no radar to tell you what's around you. In that thing you have no awareness and no speed to avoid _any_ thing else up there. You are basically trusting the other guy to avoid you. NO way for me.

The other thing is taking off so close to those houses. I would be afraid of the wing stalling and folding and not getting enough altitude to miss one of them. I think once it's up in the air it might be fun, where you have enough time to react if something happens, but do not trust myself to get that thing off the ground where my body power plays a role in successful takeoff.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    True, true....but when you're coming down from that altitude, all that matters is what you do in that last hundred feet.
    Like @DoggyDaddy said, you have a lot longer to think up some Wile E. Coyote scheme to save your ass.
    Or leave the wife a farewell message on the Go pro, and the combination to your gun safe.

Top Bottom