• Status
    Not open for further replies.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Called "reality", thanks.

"Cracking water" is just using electricity or high heat to make hydrogen. It is not economically viable, and has been tried multiple times. It's not just free energy. Some energy source has to make the electricity or heat, the anode and cathode are consumable items, etc.

California has been pushing it for years:

Feds have been pushing it since at least 2013:

Hydrogen cars have big tax incentives to buy, and have since the Bush era (Mission Accomplished Bush, not Read My Lips Bush).

And your tax dollars have been financing research for "water cracking" improvements:

But, yes, not allowed for some reason apparently due to a "dynasty family" having holding in oil that controls multiple world governments and multi-national corporations. As stated, you are full of ****.
    You're making an asterisk of yourself.
    I was cracking water in the 60's. Which reminds me, I worked on the tokamak in the late 70's and boy howdy did I get to see how sausage, uh, I mean energy policy, is made. Once you see how it's done your electricity bill will never taste the same.
    I understand that you really do think you know what you're talking about (market forces and all) and that's why I'm being polite despite your behavior. I also understand from that behavior that you've engaged the posi-trac rear end and polite isn't going to happen so yeppers, you can talk to yourself.
    I'm gonna go fire up some alloy for .41's.
    Later.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You're making an asterisk of yourself.
    I was cracking water in the 60's. Which reminds me, I worked on the tokamak in the late 70's and boy howdy did I get to see how sausage, uh, I mean energy policy, is made. Once you see how it's done your electricity bill will never taste the same.
    I understand that you really do think you know what you're talking about (market forces and all) and that's why I'm being polite despite your behavior. I also understand from that behavior that you've engaged the posi-trac rear end and polite isn't going to happen so yeppers, you can talk to yourself.
    I'm gonna go fire up some alloy for .41's.
    Later.
    Nobody said you couldnt crack water. Can still do it today. The problem is in the end, you are still operating at a net loss because it takes more energy to crack and contain than it puts out in production.

And the same with EVs and Hybrids. By the time you factor in how much fossil fuel is used to dig, transport, refine, etc. it cancels out any benefits of green vehicles.

Is something really clean if what is left behind is dirty pre-production? Take future plug in vehicles; They are saying that to get more EV, they'll have to switch to dirty old coal. So just because you arent putting out any pollution as you motor on down the road in your "clean" vehicle, doesnt mean IPL/AES, Duke, _____ REMC didnt pollute like crazy while filling your batteries.

indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    There are known knowns.
    These are the things we know.
    There are known unknowns.
    That is to say, there are things that we know we don’t know.
    But there are also unknown unknowns.
    Theses are the things we don’t know we don’t know.
    - Donald Rumsfeld 2/12/2002

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Nobody said you couldnt crack water. Can still do it today. The problem is in the end, you are still operating at a net loss because it takes more energy to crack and contain than it puts out in production.

And the same with EVs and Hybrids. By the time you factor in how much fossil fuel is used to dig, transport, refine, etc. it cancels out any benefits of green vehicles.

Is something really clean if what is left behind is dirty pre-production? Take future plug in vehicles; They are saying that to get more EV, they'll have to switch to dirty old coal. So just because you arent putting out any pollution as you motor on down the road in your "clean" vehicle, doesnt mean IPL/AES, Duke, _____ REMC didnt pollute like crazy while filling your batteries.
    Cameramonkey, cracking doesn't mean taking water apart by electrolysis. Might want to look into where money has been supplied in recent years to guide development of catalytic processes to commercial application. That's it for me. Being cursed at by ignorant people who behave as petulant children just takes the fun out of conversations.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Cameramonkey, cracking doesn't mean taking water apart by electrolysis. Might want to look into where money has been supplied in recent years to guide development of catalytic processes to commercial application. That's it for me. Being cursed at by ignorant people who behave as petulant children just takes the fun out of conversations.

Did you mean splitting? Are you trying to claim you had the philosopher's stone of photocatalytic hydrogen production in the 60s? An energy neutral or positive catalyst? And how is that "not allowed" due to some "legacy family"?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And being talked down to by people OBVIOUSLY smarter than everyone else takes the fun out of it too.

For the record, it makes them shut down and ignore you. (not via the button, just not take you seriously)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well fellas NKBJ just informed me he is done with Ingo.
    Do I have to read this entire thread to figure out why.
    I know him and a few of you all in the real. I respect you all immensely.

WEITAF went on it saddens me that he is feeling this way.

No knock as the short time I have spent looking I do not see a lot that would ruffle my feathers. But just know he is on sharp cat.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well fellas NKBJ just informed me he is done with Ingo.
    Do I have to read this entire thread to figure out why.
    I know him and a few of you all in the real. I respect you all immensely.

WEITAF went on it saddens me that he is feeling this way.

No knock as the short time I have spent looking I do not see a lot that would ruffle my feathers. But just know he is on sharp cat.
    Just a simple case of he is all knowing, and we are are all "ignorant children" who cant handle his awesomeness. He apparently wants to go where his genius is appreciated? :dunno:

I agree with you, he seems like an smarter than average guy, but in some areas his reality doesnt seem to match everyone else's. And he apparently cant handle that.

That's at least my two cents in this situation.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK
    Just a simple case of he is all knowing, and we are are all "ignorant children" who cant handle his awesomeness. He apparently wants to go where his genius is appreciated? :dunno:

I agree with you, he seems like an smarter than average guy, but in some areas his reality doesnt seem to match everyone else's. And he apparently cant handle that.

That's at least my two cents in this situation.
    OK here is an idea......let it go. To keep beating that horse is a wasted effort just to get on top of an argument.
    You are entitled to you views and opinions. No problems but it just kept rolling along after it should have stopped.

Just my 2 cents.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So ignore obvious logical fallacies, technically impossible claims, etc. ?

Got it. :rolleyes:
    Or just let it go. I don't understand half of what he posts about, but some of it is interesting. The stuff I don't understand, or that doesn't interest me, I just scroll on past. I don't feel the need to engage about it. That's just me though. :dunno:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    iu

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    That is the show stopper for me. When You can recharge the car's batteries to full in under 10 minutes, call me.

And I'm being generous. I can refill a 16 gallon tank in well under 5 at some stations. I know some of you bigger truck guys can take 10 with those big tanks. I could be convinced to compromise and go electric.
    Dude your pump is slow. I can fuel 70 gallons in 4 minutes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom