• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    While I would not embarrass my kid by doing this I might do it for myself.

Walk in with my bag and a copy of my receipt for the incorrectly fitting jeans. Stand in the middle of the clothing department, drop my pants, and try on pairs of jeans until I found the ones that fit. Proceed to leave the store and on the way out hand the bag with the jeans that don't fit and a copy of receipt for the wrong size to the greeter and say Have a Nice Day. As I understand it their Loss Prevention people don't chase criminals so they should not chase a customer simply exchanging an item. Of course I would wear my mask.

Dont kid yourself...What you have been told is not true...
    And when you dropped your pants in a Walmart you would be rapidly corraled and then the law would he called and you would be trespassed from every Walmart and Sams Club.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    When my daughter needed to buy some clothes before going back to college a week ago, my wife knew enough to call ahead and ask various stores whether they had changing rooms open. I would not have known to do that. It resulted in a trouble free shopping trip because they only went places where the rooms were available.

She's very prudent with todays programs.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Dont kid yourself...What you have been told is not true...
    And when you dropped your pants in a Walmart you would be rapidly corraled and then the law would he called and you would be trespassed from every Walmart and Sams Club.

I dunno... have you SEEN those "People of Walmart" pictures? I think what KittySlayer suggested would be pretty mild by comparison to some of them. :):

DangerousDave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Cayuga
    Then tell me Buckeroo, why did you give that evil corporation your money to begin with?

Thats a rhetorical question, we all know why folks shop at Walmart....
    The main reason people shop at Wal-Mart is because when Wal-Mart came to town, they undercut everyone elses prices and put the Mom and Pop stores out of business. So all you have left are the big box stores.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    While I would not embarrass my kid by doing this I might do it for myself.

Walk in with my bag and a copy of my receipt for the incorrectly fitting jeans. Stand in the middle of the clothing department, drop my pants, and try on pairs of jeans until I found the ones that fit. Proceed to leave the store and on the way out hand the bag with the jeans that don't fit and a copy of receipt for the wrong size to the greeter and say Have a Nice Day. As I understand it their Loss Prevention people don't chase criminals so they should not chase a customer simply exchanging an item. Of course I would wear my mask.

THIS. You should go buy a pair of jeans that don't fit just to be able to do this. Plz video it.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I stop by Walmart every so often just because I have been told from time to time they slash prices on G-SHOCK watches. I've seen YouTube vids of one guy that got like 7 G-SHOCKS for under $100.

Wouldn't you know it, on my last visit they had two G-SHOCKS marked down to $15 ($75 original price) but they were locked in the jewelry counter which was closed. I found the nearest employee and asked if there was someone who could open the case for me. She said, "no. It's closed because of COVID. Corporate policy."

I found the store manager and asked if she would be able to open the case for me to get the watches out. I got the same answer, "corporate policy."

I explained to her that I didn't need to try them on, I wasn't only considering a purchase. I said, "just open the case and I will buy these."

Nope. She wasn't having it. Corporate said no, so she flat out refused to open the case. Corporate policies are meant to remove common sense and critical thought from the process.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    The main reason people shop at Wal-Mart is because when Wal-Mart came to town, they undercut everyone elses prices and put the Mom and Pop stores out of business. So all you have left are the big box stores.

Was it not The Peoples Choice to Shop at Walmart to begin with?
    To go to the new Lowes and Home Depot instead of the local lumber yard and hardware store?
    Folks want and buy cheap for the most part across this land.

And don't forget that folks that run these towns and citys that approved these Walmarts, Lowes, Home Depot, CVS and Walgreens to be built have no culpability with the end result?
    And lets not forget that the big horrible Walmart has employee benefits that NONE of the local mom and pop businesses ever offered employees.
    Pick a better hill to die on.....

DangerousDave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Cayuga
    Was it not The Peoples Choice to Shop at Walmart to begin with?
    To go to the new Lowes and Home Depot instead of the local lumber yard and hardware store?
    Folks want and buy cheap for the most part across this land.

And don't forget that folks that run these towns and citys that approved these Walmarts, Lowes, Home Depot, CVS and Walgreens to be built have no culpability with the end result?
    And lets not forget that the big horrible Walmart has employee benefits that NONE of the local mom and pop businesses ever offered employees.
    Pick a better hill to die on.....
    I'll pick a better hill to live on, not to die on, and it won't be Wally world hill. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I stop by Walmart every so often just because I have been told from time to time they slash prices on G-SHOCK watches. I've seen YouTube vids of one guy that got like 7 G-SHOCKS for under $100.

Wouldn't you know it, on my last visit they had two G-SHOCKS marked down to $15 ($75 original price) but they were locked in the jewelry counter which was closed. I found the nearest employee and asked if there was someone who could open the case for me. She said, "no. It's closed because of COVID. Corporate policy."

I found the store manager and asked if she would be able to open the case for me to get the watches out. I got the same answer, "corporate policy."

I explained to her that I didn't need to try them on, I wasn't only considering a purchase. I said, "just open the case and I will buy these."

Nope. She wasn't having it. Corporate said no, so she flat out refused to open the case. Corporate policies are meant to remove common sense and critical thought from the process.

Thats interesting for sure. I'll ask the bestie about it when she gets home tonight.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I'll pick a better hill to live on, not to die on, and it won't be Wally world hill. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

But you never answered the BIG question... Why with all the other options out there why did you go and buy your kid school clothes at Horrible Walmart in the first place?

Last edited:

DangerousDave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Cayuga
    But you never answered the BIG question... Why with all the other options out there why did you go and buy your kid school clothes at Horrible Walmart in the first place?
    That is the closest store that sells clothes in my area. I wanted to get my shopping done and then go fishing the remainder of the day. It was a matter of convenience as there are no other stores in the vicinity that sells clothes. Hope that answers your questions

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Thats interesting for sure. I'll ask the bestie about it when she gets home tonight.

Like I said, I brought home four, Made in America yesterday.

My bestie gets home from work yesterday ...

Nobody likes an attorney, until they need an attorney.

My bestie is an attorney....

As Nero Wolfe once told Archie Goodwin in "Murder is Corny":
    "There's good slang, and there's bad slang; and that's bad slang."

Top Bottom