• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    We will be celebrating my son's 21st birthday this Saturday at Fogo and I have never been. I understand all the different meats and the red and green "puck" for when you want more meat. ( Why would it have a red side?) What I am trying to stratigize is the pre meal routine. Should I eat anything at all during the day? Should I eat lightly throughout the day? Should I carbo load the night before? should I just keep eating until I puke and then eat some more? Should I even look at the salad bar?

Also appreciated would be your opinions on the best meats or anything that is so so. Thanks and I am looking forward to gorging myself like the gluton that I know that I am.

I also understand they have some meats wrapped in.........BACON.......:rockwoot:

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    We will be celebrating my son's 21st birthday this Saturday at Fogo and I have never been. I understand all the different meats and the red and green "puck" for when you want more meat. ( Why would it have a red side?) What I am trying to stratigize is the pre meal routine. Should I eat anything at all during the day? Should I eat lightly throughout the day? Should I carbo load the night before? should I just keep eating until I puke and then eat some more? Should I even look at the salad bar?

Also appreciated would be your opinions on the best meats or anything that is so so. Thanks and I am looking forward to gorging myself like the gluton that I know that I am.

I also understand they have some meats wrapped in.........BACON.......:rockwoot:
    Never been there, but I hear it's good. I'll be interested in your review!

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Take your time, eat sloooooow, don't waste your time with fillers only go for the food you really like and want to savor. I would get a little bit of everything but not eat the stuff you don't really like!

Indybeer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Danville
    My opinion ....go at lunch time! You get the exact same food...but it is half the price!

Go hungry and stay away from the salad bar! It's ok to sample some of their many cheeses....they go good with meat.... but why graze on greens when you can eat meat!

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    We will be celebrating my son's 21st birthday this Saturday at Fogo and I have never been.

OP I just went Sunday for my little, little brother's 21st birthday also. I would recommend just not to eat all day if possible, if not only have a small breakfast. Also don't waste your time on the salad bar, bread, or sides they bring to you. (Remeber, this is an all protein mission so eat accordingly). Oh yea, if you order more than water they charge per drink (yes sodas). It is a great place so I hope you enjoy!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    The salad bar is quite nice, and very beautiful. I like to get at least a small plate of a few items to kick things off. Not too much, mind you.

Then turn over that green puck and go at it. Honestly I can't think of anything that I didn't particularly like, so try absolutely everything you can. If you find a favorite, mention it to the server or manager and they'll see that they come around to you again specifically. Don't fret if your sides get cold, as they will bring fresh ones.

Tip: the tap water tastes suspiciously like the bottled, spring, and sparkling water-- and is free. ;)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    And what's this puck thing? All you can eat?

Each person has a round "puck" (basically a cardboard coaster) with two sides-- one green, one red.

When you want the gauchos (guys with the meat skewers and funny pants) to stop by your table, you flip it to green (go). When you are eating/full/throwing up, you simply turn it to red (stop).

red_phoenix

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Oh wow your gonna love it. The meat is so good but definelty take your time and try alittle bit of everything. once you know what you like have more of that.. they also have side dishes the bananas, mashed potatoes but really its all about the different meats lol

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    What I am trying to stratigize is the pre meal routine. Should I eat anything at all during the day? Should I eat lightly throughout the day? Should I carbo load the night before? should I just keep eating until I puke and then eat some more? Should I even look at the salad bar?
    Go on a long run, I recommend a 26.2 miler. Then shower and head right to Fogo. Eat all you want. We go after all the races, the food really is better than described here.

Happy birthday to your son!

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Go on a long run, I recommend a 26.2 miler. Then shower and head right to Fogo. Eat all you want. We go after all the races, the food really is better than described here.

Happy birthday to your son!

You got the decimel in the wrong place I think .262 miles? If there aint nobody chasing me, There's no reason to run.:)

Oh and thanks for the birthday wishes!!

Top Bottom