• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colts Ironman

Sua Sponte, Rangers Lead the Way
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 22, 2021
    NW Indianapolis
    When I was in LE and executive protection I was always issued kits and I came close to buying one at the last Indy gun show. Can anyone recommend a good one for home and travel?

I'd like to get one that has surgical supplies. Staple kit, etc. And also gun shot wounds plus the little things like splinters and paper cuts lol

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Many people recommend a systems approach.

Adventure Medical Kits have been in the industry a long time, and they have a variety of kits for different purposes. Also, you can pick up some of these at Cabela's (just saw them on the shelf this past weekend.)

I've got several of these for trauma. https://www.adventuremedicalkits.com/trauma/trauma-kits/trauma-pak-with-quikclot.html

I've also built several of my own kits from boo boo kits, to trauma kit's with tourniquets and chest seals.

Here's a good video going over one such product line. Not giving any recommendation for them, just their approach. You can look on their website for prices.

Another source I've used.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I bought a cheap “camping“ kit at Walmart for the basic bandaids, aspirin, sun lotion, ivy cream and such then bought a med kit bag to build my own advanced kit with tourniquets, bleed stop, 4 inch wound bandages, chest seals…

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Whatever kit you purchase or empty bag & build. Keep it on the outside of any other bag you may carry, go for a red bag or get patches for it so everyone knows what it is. Always keep the basics easily accessible so you don't have to dig and constantly repack it. Rotate the stock with expiration dates to your house or other more frequently used kits. Also look into multi purpose/use items.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    more good stuff, inexpensive bulk supplies + kits

looper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2019
    NWI
    Look at SOLATAC, Solatac dot com
    Demp will customize for you if you don't see exactly what you want.
    Top of the line kit

Top Bottom