• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Got stuck watching a follow-up video to the DeWalt vs. Milwaukee.
    [video=youtube;Zrp0iNLWu2k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrp0iNLWu2k[/video]

scott delaney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    I use my cordless tools daily and have for 20 some years, I switcher to Milwaukee 18v EXP 3years ago and could not be happier with my choice.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    The most innovative brands far and away are Milwaukee and Makita. They have the greatest variety of 18v tools and are bring out more all the time. Their performance arguably is close to performance of corded tools. From my observations in several trades whenever someone is upgrading to new tools they are moving to Milwaukee or Makita with Milwaukee having more converts. I have not seen anyone abandon Milwaukee or Makita. My personal 18v stuff is Milwaukee as are the ones I use mostly at work. At work they are company owned and get the hell beat out of them daily and keep coming back for more

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    Light duty homeowner: Ryobi, have used them for years at the house.
    Heavy duty installer: Bosch, we drive large hex head screws in thick wood daily.

I have a Ryobi 18v 1/2" chuck drill that won't die.
    I have used it to mix up 5 gallon buckets of mortar for my kitchen/laundry room floor, drilled through my concrete slab to help relocate a bathtub drain and tons of other mid to light duty stuff. Can't beat them for the price/quality and they have stayed true to their 18+ one battery compatibility.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Being on tons of construction sites, plumbers use Milwaukee for some reason, electricians, carpenters, pretty much the rest of the crews, use predominantly Dewalt. This is my observations over many years.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    After several purchases of cheaper drills, I spent the money for a 12V Makita in 1992. That one is still going strong although I’ve been through a number of battery packs. Several years ago I got a Milwaukee 18V at work and really liked it so I bought one for home use as well. Some may know we had a house fire back soon after thanksgiving. We had about 10” of water in the basement for two days. My Milwaukee was in its case with the charger fully submerged. It sat another couple weeks before I talked myself into taking a few minutes to check it out. After drying it over furnace vent and disassembling the charger and brushing all the debris off of it, both the drill and charger still work just fine. No idea if they’ll last but for now they work great!

Matt

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Dewalt and all the quality brands are good. Depending on what you want to do with them. I work on old electronics a lot, like vintage stereo stuff, and I always use my Makita for one reason, the fine trigger control for slow speed use is perfect, much better than my Dewalt. I don't want to hork up the screw heads. Most people don't care about this factor if you are doing "real work" with them.

thelefthand

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    I prefer DeWalt 20V tools for a few reasons, the biggest of which is that I can get after market replacement batteries off of eBay for less than $30. Lithium ion is the way to go. Much lighter and longer life, but be VERY CAREFUL recharging them. When they go bad, they "vent with flame" and they WILL burn your house down. Use the charger on a concrete floor, away from anything flammable.

thelefthand

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Its happening with DeWalt and other name brand power packs too, but yes, quality is always a little less certain with off brand stuff

Top Bottom