• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    After a long day, I’m sitting here sipping a Russell’s reserve (43.99) so I beat the less than 50 dollar mark!

I guess I’m not much of a bourbon connoisseur , i tend to open and finish a bottle before I move on to the next.

I happened to find a michters at CVS for 45, I haven’t popped the cork on that one yet, but I hear it’s really good!

I have a bottle of green river (made in Owensboro) that’s a 90 proof, another one I hear great things about, I hear it’s very smooth!

Dammit…which do I open next???
    I would crack them all open and pour a little of each. I love tasting side by side to really find out what I like.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    IMG_1267.jpeg This stuff tastes amazing with Coke. Found this at Sam’s in Michigan. Don’t know how far they distribute, but t if you can get your hands on some, you should try it.

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    Meijer on Dupont, Ft Wayne score! 50% off for $35.
    That's the High Road Rye, which is a $40. You may be confusing it with the Sweet Mash Rye, which is $70. It's still a great bottle for $35. Enjoy!

I bought one at Hard Truth and the first two times I tried it I thought it was just ok. I came back to it a week later it seemed like a different bottle. I had heard people talk about bottles "opening up" after a little time but had never experienced it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Had a great weekend in Lexington area recently. Got a couple of Weller Special Reserve, and a couple of Blantons at Buffalo Trace. Also tasted Traveler and got it as well. My favorite stop was Castle & Key, what a beautiful place! Very near Woodford. If you get down there stop at a dive Called The Stave, the pork with hoe cakes appetizer is awesome…

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    That's the High Road Rye, which is a $40. You may be confusing it with the Sweet Mash Rye, which is $70. It's still a great bottle for $35. Enjoy!

I bought one at Hard Truth and the first two times I tried it I thought it was just ok. I came back to it a week later it seemed like a different bottle. I had heard people talk about bottles "opening up" after a little time but had never experienced it.
    They had the Sweet Mash Rye as well (on sale for $60ish) but this one was like $72.99 for $34.99 I believe. Wish I would have taken a picture of it on the shelf or the receipt. Maybe Meijer didn’t price it right but I’m still happy with the $35.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I popped the top on some Sazerac rye, my first time and…and…the whiskey gods smiled upon me! …An angel got their wings!, … the clouds parted and a ray of sunshine shined upon my face!…if world peace was bottled for drinking it’d taste like this!…i can only imagine its what kissing Selma Hayekand tastes like!…and it was only 28 dollars at schuncks!!!!

Definitely going to buy more of this delicious brown juice!

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    Off topic, but for you guys who like bourbon on the rocks, what are you using to make the big round ice cubes?

Wife bought this $35 silicone mold off of Amazon, and no matter how you fill it, there are holes or flat spots on the balls

Top Bottom