• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Got home from fencing practice yesterday and I was in pain. Muscles sore all over my upper body. Not sure why? I'm the coach, so I was only demonstrating and showing techniques, not actually sparring. But about 3 ounces of Woodford Reserve Master Collection NEW CASK AGED Rye did the trick. Sadly that is all that was in the bottom of that bottle so I've got a fallen soldier in the recycling bin. I don't know if that was a limited edition product or if it is available. I wouldn't mind finding another bottle of that one.

cncswiss1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2012
    Fishers/Noblesville
    Eagle rare (1.75 for 55!)
    Buffalo trace
    makers, cask or otherwise-- all the makers except 46 pair well with good funky hard cheese like aged Gouda (crunchy crystals)
    evan williams single barrel - great gift bourbon
    4 roses single barrel
    the MGP ryes are remarkably good "flask grade" sippers (bulleit, tin cup etc..)
    larceny
    bookers (over 50 i know)
    old weller and old weller 107 antique
    old school evan williams regular with oberweiss lemonaid 50/50 :)

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Bought a bottle of Elijah Craig yesterday 12 year. Was a hotter than I was expecting. Will give it a go around again some time soon.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I have noticed my favorite mentioned many times (no, I have not yet read the entire thread). I went through a great deal of bourbon looking to find what I like the most, Maker's Mark.

I read about so many that I have never even seen or heard of that I may just step out on my MM stash a few times in the coming months.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I have noticed my favorite mentioned many times (no, I have not yet read the entire thread). I went through a great deal of bourbon looking to find what I like the most, Maker's Mark.

I read about so many that I have never even seen or heard of that I may just step out on my MM stash a few times in the coming months.

I did the same thing, and still come back to Makers. But there really are a lot of great bourbons out there to try, and it is worth experimenting.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

I think Makers Mark is one of the best bourbons out there, at any price. The Cask Strength is even better, but harder to find.

I really like trying different bourbons. Clearly I sip on lots of them, but I find that about 50% of the bottles I buy I'd never buy again, at any price. Some I dislike enough to give away after only a couple ounces are gone. Some I work through just to get rid of them. Some it in the back of the cabinet for a year, two....more.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI

I find that the key to a good bourbon is much like the key to a good cigar. I want it readily available, I don't want it to break the bank, and I want it to consistently taste good. At this point I know what I like. I rotate between Makers Mark, Beer Barrel Bourbon, Angels Envy, and Larceny. I like each of those 4 very much, but all for very different reasons. Each has it's own distinctive taste compared to the others. I think it also helps that I am the kind of guy who drinks one till it is gone before I open another. That way I never really get bored of the flavor.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I picked up a bottle of Jefferson's very small batch at Kroger tonight. They opened a new Kroger marketplace and there was no price on it. I grabbed it and took itbto the register and asked how much it was, it wouldn't ring up so they had to contact the "fine wine and spirits manager" who told them just to sell it to mebfor $20. Figured for $20 I'd give it a shot. Quick Google search shows its about $30 regular. Gonna try it tonight

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    For those Bourbon lovers in Indy, you might want to attend Pappyfest 2015.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pappyfest-2015-bourbon-lottery-and-wine-sale-tickets-19374724322

100+ bourbons to taste at lowest prices of the year! [/COLOR]
    10+ amazing wine deals

Event begins at Noon

Lottery will begin at 12:30 p.m.

Your raffle ticket for the lottery will be given to you upon arrival. MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN
    Names will be drawn in 2 minute increments until all items are out. Names will be posted throughout the event, so you have time to taste and shop.
    [/COLOR]
    Lottery items include:

• Van Winkle 10 - $64.99
    • Van Winkle 12 - $79.99
    • Van Winkle Rye - $124.99
    • Pappy 15 - $109.99
    • Pappy 20 - $199.99
    • Pappy 23 - $349.99
    • Thomas Handy Rye - $124.99
    • Sazerac 18 Rye - $124.99
    • George T Stagg Bourbon - $124.99
    • William Larue Weller - $124.99
    • Eagle Rare 17 - $124.99
    • Elijah Craig 18 - $129.99
    • John E. Fitzgerald - $299.99
    • Parker’s Heritage Malt Whiskey - $99.99
    • Elijah Craig Barrel Proof - $59.99
    • Russell’s Reserve 1998 - $299.99
    • Four Roses Limeted Edition Small Batch - $99.99
    • Weller 12 - $39.99
    • Rock Hill Farm -$59.99
    $10 registration ALL PROCEEDS DONATED TO UNITED HOPE FOUNDATION[/COLOR]

Last edited:

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I tasted Makers Mark 46 at the distillery when I was there in the spring to get my Ambassador bottles. It didn't make a huge impression on me. Went to Big Red tonight and they had it "on sale" for $30 so I decided to give it a better try. Ummm.. This may be a new favorite of mine. I drink my bourbon neat, as a rule, and this stuff was "smooth" and delicious to me. Higher proof than regular Makers by a few points, but so much better than regular Makers to my taste buds. I enjoy the sweetness of the wheated Maker's Mark, but this seemed to bring it to a whole different level for me.

First time in years I have travelled and it happens to be that Pappy event weekend. Dang it!

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I'm not sure if it's the weather, batch, or cost ($18.99 sale), but I have been on an Old Forester kick. Maker's is going to send me a scarlet 'A' soon.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Nice to see Evan Williams Single Barrel on the list. That stuff is truly a bargain, very tasty and right at or around $30 (or less!) is very hard to beat.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Nice to see Evan Williams Single Barrel on the list. That stuff is truly a bargain, very tasty and right at or around $30 (or less!) is very hard to beat.
    I just bought my first bottle of that yesterday. Meijers has it for $24.99.
    I might open it tonight if not Saturday night. Looking forward to a sip.

Top Bottom