• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coolcat1104

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Give me some comparisons on ar-15 bi-pods. what you think the best ones are and why.
    I mean we all know you can get them for 20.00 on up. give me your thoughts.:ar15:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'm not a heavy bipod user, but I've had good success with a Harris + LaRue QD mount.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCMIl96EYcI[/ame]

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center
    I'll have to go with Harris also. Highly recommend spending an extra $20 and getting the swivel top. I prefer the notched leg model also.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i run 4 or 5 harris notched leg bipods. all are s series (swivel) with podlock. i have diffrent sizes for diffrent applications. imo its the best bipod on any kind of rifle

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Harris w/ swivel on QD rail adapter if I must put it on the rail. I prefer a bogpod tripod (TAC-3S) for most situations, however. Quick to set up, adjusts from prone-sitting-kneeling-bench, stable and it does not clutter the rifle or add weight to the barrel when I am offhand.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Im gonna vote harris as well. Check ebay for them. I got mine from ebay for around $60ish. It beats the heck out of my junk shooters ridge bipods.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Harris with the swivel! I need to buy a shorter one though. Mine sits a bit too high in prone.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I prefer the Harris Bipods! They are very strong and Lightweight!

I'm not a heavy bipod user, but I've had good success with a Harris + LaRue QD mount.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCMIl96EYcI[/ame]

There ya go. :):

I'll have to go with Harris also. Highly recommend spending an extra $20 and getting the swivel top. I prefer the notched leg model also.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    My serous guns have Atlas bipods. Yea I know you sure pay for them but dang are they ever nice. Way more ways that they can be used to boot. Also a big fan of GG&G's. However I have bent a few of the rail tension bolts on the GG&G. The bolts are aluminum and fragile. Harris bipods work well and they are reasonable in cost.

Buy a Atlas with a American Defence QD mount and you will never regret it IMO.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    I bought one from WalMart - the Rockmount brand? It was around $40-50, but pretty solid. It had the spring tensioners and ringed legs. I prefer the Harris, but my wallet prefers the Rockmount.

Good shootin'

ol' poke

Top Bottom