• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Midskier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    NWI IL/IN BORDER
    I was able to snatch a sig tacops for under $700 earlier in the year, brand new, 4 mags, night sights, magwell all stainless (nitron coated) pretty sweet - also see that para has $100 rebate now through the end of the year

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    My vote goes for the Springfield Range Officer.... for a few extra coins above $700 you get a quality built piece on the inside. She might not be pretty on the outside and one you would take home to momma but it's on the inside that counts!

Sig is a great choice but I found with the tight chamber it required a shorter OAL on the bullets which forced me to reload two different rounds vs my other 1911's. Not a deal breaker but something worth mentioning. Accuracy is excellent with my XO model.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My vote goes for the Springfield Range Officer.... for a few extra coins above $700 you get a quality built piece on the inside. She might not be pretty on the outside and one you would take home to momma but it's on the inside that counts!

Sig is a great choice but I found with the tight chamber it required a shorter OAL on the bullets which forced me to reload two different rounds vs my other 1911's. Not a deal breaker but something worth mentioning. Accuracy is excellent with my XO model.

I am not sure but aren't Sigs parts specific to their guns. Will 1911 parts fit them.

Cbabs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    Indy
    This is great info, I will see what the best deal on Black Friday and update with what I buy in a few weeks

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    So I am looking to get myself a 1911 this year, and have a similar budget as the OP. Looks like the recommendations, in order, are:

1. SA Range Officer
    2. Ruger SR1911
    3. Remington R1
    4. Taurus PT1911
    5. Para Expert 1911
    6. RIA 1911 Tactical

Does that seem about right?

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana

Meh.

After you throw away the cheap & heavy trigger (also the bow on mine was also bent poorly & would drag on mags that were aok in other guns), and the mim casting dirt cheap sear, and consider a better hammer & old style full length mainspring and non lockable plunger, then I think the innards are good to go.

I like mine and would recommend one, but I wouldn't be happy without the organ replacement surgery. Your mileage may vary.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I am in the market for my first 1911. I am 26 and would like to be realistic with my budget. Based on prices and reviews, the list of guns I want to look at include:

Rugar SR1911

STI Spartan

any other suggestions of guns I should look at? Thanks for the guidance.

So, since this thread was bumped, I have to ask, did you get anything OP? :)

Top Bottom