• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chefjerome

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well, I am super excited as I found a great deal on one of these beauties at gander mountain in castleton..it was listed as used for $429. The thing looks and smells brand spankin new. In fact, the guy at gander told me the guy who traded it in only had it a short time and never put a full mag through it. Everything in the case looked like it had never even been touched! Unfortunately, I had to put it on the 90 day layaway because my wife would rather I not spend that much money all at once...I know.. pathetic but that's why I put her in charge of the money!
    Does anyone have any feedback on this gun either postive or negative? I did a search on here but didn't come up with much. From what I can find online, it seems like I got a really good deal. I will probably sneak in a few extra payments so that I can get it earlier then the 90 days because I seriously can't wait to take this thing to the range:) Any input is greatly appreciated!! Thanks and have a great holiday weekend!

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I have no personal experience with it, but I've heard good things about them. I know when I looked at one, it looked good to me and I would have bought it if I was actually looking to buy a new gun. Let us know how it goes when you get it to the range.

Congrats. :rockwoot:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Damn good guns, get it at that price. I have the Beretta Cougar and love it to death (VERY similar design). The rotating barrel takes out a lot of the recoil (and snap if it is .40) and definitely adds to the accuracy. There has been nothing but good reports in regards to durability and reliability. If I had my choice between the beretta 92 and the PX4/8000 Cougar, I would take the latter. ALOT easier to conceal (the PX4). Another great thing is the bore on most Berettas is chromed for longevity. No issues there. I have fired both the PX4 and similar, love em all. Would chose over a Glock, due to ergonomics.

The bad news: Dont count on huge amounts of aftermarket parts, like different recoil springs and lots of aftermarket mags. The Beretta mags are great and decently priced (check out CDNN, damn fine pricing on them). It is more designed to be a shoot it, carry it gun, not a competition piece (though the PX4 will certainly give it a run for the money).

Next thing you need to get after the PX4 is a CX4 carbine to match it! Thing feels like a taxidermied fish, but shoots like a champ!

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    I have about 500 rounds through my PX4 9mm. It is a great gun! Accurate out of the gate, easy to shoot, strip, clean, LOVE!

I agree with Disposable Heart about the lack of aftermarket parts. However, you can get night sights for it, it has a rail, what else do you need?

I CC mine in a Comp-Tac Infidel holster.

Which action did you get? F, G, D or C?

AJB

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    oh yeah, as far as mags go, Beretta also distributes mags made by MDS. They are identical to Beretta's only (usually) half the price.

You should check out berettaforum.net for more info.

AJB

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Got one, love it! I lucked into an early G model which seems to be hard to find. They are commonly selling for near or over $500 these days so you got a really good deal. Every now and then you find a good one at Gander.

Like stated above, MDS makes the mags for Beretta, so you can save a ton of money by getting the mags marked MDS instead of PB. That is the only difference!

Oh, and lots of ammo. The PX4 is a fun pistol to shoot, and very accurate.

stmoore

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Indy
    That was a _very_ good buy. I didn't know Gander ever had good buys?!? Each time I am in there it's always either overpriced or beat to hell.

Nice find. The one I had was a tack driver.

chefjerome

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thanks!

Thanks for all of the feedback! Good to know about the holster because that was my next question. The on I found is the F option. Funny you mention the lack of good deals at gander...I live 5 minutes from the one in Castleton so I've been stalking their stock once every couple weeks just looking for something to jump on and as soon as I saw this one I did just that! You are right though, usually their used stock looks pretty ragged.It comes with 2 mags but I certainly be looking for a couple more
    AJ- is this your regular cc piece? I felt like it would be a good one for me bc its not as 'boxy' as other ones I have lookd at...if that makes sense! Now I'm even more pumped for my new purchase!!

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I would have bought it if I was actually looking to buy a new gun.

I'm trying to parse this sentence, but the meaning is foreign to me. Am I to understand that you only buy guns when you are actively LOOKING to buy guns?

Drat. I've been doing it all wrong. I guess I shouldn't associate "new gun" and "impulse buy?"

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    The bad news: Dont count on huge amounts of aftermarket parts, like different recoil springs

How stiff is that spring on the PX4? On almost every Beretta I've tried or owned, the spring was so stiff that racking the slide was a real adventure. My wife has a .380 Beretta (FS85?), and the spring on that is one so stout that *I* can barely get the slide all the way back, and she has serious trouble with it.

stony

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Pittsboro,IN
    Very fine choice you made. I am a Beretta fan and the PX4 is a great weapon, it pretty much replaced the Cougar. You might be able to find more info on it at the BerettaForum.net great bunch of guys over there also. Congrats.

jim b

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    I think the PX4 is one of the most underrated pistols out there right now. I have one in 9mm and it is a great shooter. For me, this is the most comfortable pistol i own. If you are looking to carry this, Fist makes some good holsters for it. Also, make sure you keep an ey on the Beretta e-store:
    https://www.berettausa.com/e2wShopp...9&parentLink=2100000084:3100000484:3100001529
    They did have the 20 rnd mags for $20.00. Looks like all they have for sale right now is the .40's. Great Buy, congrats.

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    chef, yup the PX4 is my regular carry piece. The infidel holster is kydex and I almost NEVER wear a shirt between the holster and my body. It's comfortable, the concealment is awesome, easy to draw from with it's adjustable retention, it's all around a great setup.

AJB

dmpxd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    I have owned mine since 2006 and have somewhere in the neighborhood of 6-7,000 rounds through it. No problems. Top three best pieces I own right now. Mine is chambered in 9mm and I have the Fobus evo I Paddle for my carry holster!

Good choice

chefjerome

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Indianapolis
    **UPDATE**

Well, after a lucky streak in online poker this weekend, I was able to get the Beretta out of layaway at Gander Mtn!! I thought initially that it was the F model but it actually is the C. To me, it really makes no difference. The only real difference is that the C is 'constant action' doesnt have a safety on the slide. Can anyone explain the 'constant action' to me? Took it to a friends backyard Sunday for some test firing and to family indoor this afternoon and i LOVE it! Ran about 200 flawless rounds through it It will take some time for me to become as accurate with it as I am with my Ruger Mark II 22/45 but I will get there:D Although the recoil isn't that bad, I think I just need to get used to the difference between it and my ruger. If only walmart would re-stock thier ammo..its so cheap there! Now, I just have to find a good IWB holster and I will be set!

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    I have the PX4 in .40. Love the thing. Most comfortable pistol i have ever carried both in the hand and in the holster. with a Mag in it is perfectly balanced.

you will come to love the rotating barrel assembly. My .40 shoots like a 9 with little to no snap. Follow-up shots are a dream. And I talked to a few guys when Beretta visited Dons a few months back (Yes Dons) and they did a test where they fired it from a vice from 50 yards and they single holed the entire mag rapid fire. SO the thing will hit whatever you want to hit...you just have to be able to hit it :D

I prolly sound like a Fan Boy but i f-ing LOVE this gun

Top Bottom