• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm not affiliated in any way. Just passing this along because I was delighted to find it for our foster son. Launched TODAY.

Not sure if you do STREAMING TV at home but there is a brand new children’s network. BENTKEY. Non-political. No culture war stuff. Looks like wholesome content (at least what I’m seeing so far) and more about wonder and adventure. Sort of like the Disney I remember from childhood.

FWIW, there is a "free" limited access OR a "paid" full access. I'm only exploring the "free" area now but so far I'm pretty impressed and think it looks suitable for our 3 year old foster son Kobe. You do have to set up a free account.

We use Roku TV and the BENTKEY app popped up when I searched for it. Downloaded quickly. Works well. I've been watching bits of the various shows and all look good. If you have kids, grandkids, etc and use a SmartTV you may want to add the BENTKEY channel for your family.

Here is a story from THE DAILY WIRE, which is right/conservative website, that is actually affiliated with BENTKEY.

www.dailywire.com

The Daily Wire Releases New Kids App, Bentkey, With Full Slate In Surprise Drop | The Daily Wire

www.dailywire.com
    www.dailywire.com

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Link to Bentkey channel on AppleTV

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Shapiro has been talking for a year or so now that his network would be doing this. Good for him. I hope it is indeed a counter balance to the trash that’s out there now.
    I watched several episodes of various children's programs from Bentkey today and loved everything I saw.

No rainbows or sexually confused/confusing characters. Seems to be seriously "let kids be kids" sort of entertainment, stimulates curiosity in history, music, etc. All good stuff that I saw today.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I watched several episodes of various children's programs from Bentkey today and loved everything I saw.

No rainbows or sexually confused/confusing characters. Seems to be seriously "let kids be kids" sort of entertainment, stimulates curiosity in history, music, etc. All good stuff that I saw today.

is it part a network of programming or just kids shows

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    is it part a network of programming or just kids shows
    Just kids shows.

At least the free version is just kids. Approximately 15 different shows at this point. It just launched today. Supposedly $100Million was pledged to start this up as a kid friendly programming set.

Daily Wire, which is the parent network, operates separately, it has its own subscription model, I was a member there for a year, but dropped it because I was happy with the free content portion.

This BentKey is a stand alone network aimed at parents who want to provide their children good, wholesome, children's shows that don't push any political agenda. I've watched a couple more shows and am really happy that I'm not seeing any "woke" or other bias inserted. These shows let kids be kids in the best way.

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I’ll check that out! As of now we solely use PureFlix, and Amazon Prime (with it so restricted the kids can only watch rated G shows).
    Be careful with using ratings. They do not mean what you think they do(have not for a long time).

This video is rated G and part of sex education for 4th graders.

Top Bottom