• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I was at a Redbox waiting in line, and a guy walks by me from the left and looks at my mags. He and his family look like they came from a baseball game. Didn't think anything of it at the time. They pull out, but I didn't watch them leave.

After the slow people in front of me are done, I check out a movie and turn around and the same guy in the van is still there. But he is slowly passing by my car checking out my window and bumper stickers. NRA/GADSDEN/MOLON LABE and then sees that I am looking at him looking at my car. And he says to me " Officer do you know where..." and he pauses. I let him know I was not a cop, and he said he saw my mags and gun ( G21 Gen4 ) and just wanted to check. He said "so, you're just carrying?" I said yep, just carrying, and he drove off.

Wonder if he was a cop, or maybe you are a fellow INGOer?

If he was a cop, I do give him rep for being respectful and very nice about it. I should have asked him if he was a cop. :rolleyes: But I do think it is annoying everyone assumes anyone with a Glock and a duty holster is a cop. Had another person just last week with her granddaughter ask if I was a cop, and when I said no, she said " oh...ok"

That's a pretty dangerous way to think.

Maybe I should use my Black Widow holster more. I just prefer the Serpa Level III because we were out at that new Italian restaurant in Atlanta about 30 minutes prior, and I didn't want to scrape the slide on any of the furniture.

And when I say being tested, I got the vibe he was testing if I was impersonating an officer like that evil cop in Noblesville. If I wanted to impersonate a cop, I wouldn't be driving a Nissan, wearing a popeye hat, and wearing leather farm boots LOL, and I would probably have a nifty little badge and maybe some sunglasses.

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I think most people just assume you have to be a cop to legally carry a gun.They just dont know their state laws regarding guns.
    I dont think it was any kind of test.

Maybe try wearing this shirt next time you OC ...

not_a_cop_t_shirts-r41dce2b84c5f4159be0a8f02f28552c0_8naip_512.jpg

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I think most people just assume you have to be a cop to legally carry a gun.They just dont know their state laws regarding guns.
    I dont think it was any kind of test.

Maybe try wearing this shirt next time you OC ...

not_a_cop_t_shirts-r41dce2b84c5f4159be0a8f02f28552c0_8naip_512.jpg

Yea I suppose he could have just been curious. He said he was checking if I was a cop. But he did so by pretending to ask me a question. Guess he is just a clever guy.

Haha, I was looking just yesterday for funny shirts to buy.
    Like this one :D

Amazon.com: Buck Wear Inc. Potatoes and Gravy Short Sleeve Tee: Clothing

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Yea I suppose he could have just been curious. He said he was checking if I was a cop. But he did so by pretending to ask me a question. Guess he is just a clever guy.

Haha, I was looking just yesterday for funny shirts to buy.
    Like this one :D

Amazon.com: Buck Wear Inc. Potatoes and Gravy Short Sleeve Tee: Clothing

You could get this one too ...

open_carry_t_shirt-r1f7ebdfb11fb466690025a6d08fd1e86_804gy_512.jpg

The last line is obviously not for Indiana but you could say you dont need a "permit" because you need a "licence". ;)

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I was at a Redbox waiting in line, and a guy walks by me from the left and looks at my mags. He and his family look like they came from a baseball game. Didn't think anything of it at the time. They pull out, but I didn't watch them leave.

After the slow people in front of me are done, I check out a movie and turn around and the same guy in the van is still there. But he is slowly passing by my car checking out my window and bumper stickers. NRA/GADSDEN/MOLON LABE and then sees that I am looking at him looking at my car. And he says to me " Officer do you know where..." and he pauses. I let him know I was not a cop, and he said he saw my mags and gun ( G21 Gen4 ) and just wanted to check. He said "so, you're just carrying?" I said yep, just carrying, and he drove off.

Wonder if he was a cop, or maybe you are a fellow INGOer?

If he was a cop, I do give him rep for being respectful and very nice about it. I should have asked him if he was a cop. :rolleyes: But I do think it is annoying everyone assumes anyone with a Glock and a duty holster is a cop. Had another person just last week with her granddaughter ask if I was a cop, and when I said no, she said " oh...ok"

That's a pretty dangerous way to think.

Maybe I should use my Black Widow holster more. I just prefer the Serpa Level III because we were out at that new Italian restaurant in Atlanta about 30 minutes prior, and I didn't want to scrape the slide on any of the furniture.

And when I say being tested, I got the vibe he was testing if I was impersonating an officer like that evil cop in Noblesville. If I wanted to impersonate a cop, I wouldn't be driving a Nissan, wearing a popeye hat, and wearing leather farm boots LOL, and I would probably have a nifty little badge and maybe some sunglasses.

I know it's late, and maybe it's me, but I'm having a hard time trying to make sense of this post!

What does one look like going home from a baseball game?
    In the time it takes for "the slow people" ahead of you, and you to get videos, he's sitting in his vehicle, watching you? And you don't know it? Good situational awareness!

What does this mean? >"oh...ok" "that's a pretty dangerous way to think."

What does the furniture at a certain restaraunt have to do with you holster choice?

Is there "an evil cop in Noblesville" "impersonating an officer"?:n00b:

Finally, what's a "Popeye hat"?:dunno:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I know it's late, and maybe it's me, but I'm having a hard time trying to make sense of this post!

What does one look like going home from a baseball game?
    In the time it takes for "the slow people" ahead of you, and you to get videos, he's sitting in his vehicle, watching you? And you don't know it? Good situational awareness!

What does this mean? >"oh...ok" "that's a pretty dangerous way to think."

What does the furniture at a certain restaraunt have to do with you holster choice?

Is there "an evil cop in Noblesville" "impersonating an officer"?:n00b:

Finally, what's a "Popeye hat"?:dunno:

:dunno:Sounds like he is complaining that folks are observing the gun that he so proudly displays?

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    Yeah, it is "annoying" when people notice, huh!?:n00b:

Let's try this. You get out of your car to rent a movie, there is a line. While standing in line you get a text message. Someone looks at your pocket because it drew their attention, and then the above happens. :dunno:

Perhaps your phone was in a holster on your belt and the audio alert drew their attention, and then the above happened. Again...get it?

Last edited:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Let's try this. You get out of your car to rent a movie, there is a line. While standing in line you get a text message. Someone looks at your pocket because it drew their attention, and then the above happens. :dunno:

Perhaps your phone was in a holster on your belt and the audio alert drew their attention, and then the above happened. Again...get it?

Um..... NO! :dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Why would they?

The logic in this debate is that folks are scared/concerned/looking to push their agenda.

Folks can be meddling self centered idiots at times and O/C seems to bring them out.

We have done the OC/CC experiment. Depends on the area and who lives there.

I am not sure where you live in NWI but here in Indy O/C will either give you a pass or get you stared at. Depends on where you are.

I am starting to O/C a lot more and again, depending on where I am at.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddd......This is the tread you are looking for:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...lf_defense/71996-the_open_carry_argument.html

The mods should start infractions for this.

He was talking about getting a movie, I prefer being home watching CLOSED CAPTIONING (cc) on my television.

-but to the point, it's a story about an unsolicited interaction due to an openly carried firearm. Yes, I guess my comment was WAY out of line...:dunno:

Additionally, the best way to not discuss something is to just ignore it. So you too would earn an infraction (if you got your way) for continuing the discussion.

Op - sorry for the :hijack:

Top Bottom