qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    Non Covid and Covid Deaths since Feb 1.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sFxV-V_GuXrOfrcCuly3WE9__-pLMnvT3vE0iqCJOkg/edit?usp=sharing

Thank God we closed down the schools:

33f87179e7619c122503ba8843a44338.jpg

Last edited:

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    This from the city from which the oze family escaped in 2012; when we located there in 1990, it and the two counties that covered it (DuPage and Will) were solidly red. It took the ensuing 22 years for it to become purple. Now, 8 years later, it is solidly blue. ****ing soccer moms.

I don't know anything about this mayor, other than he does seem to have an (R) after his name, but he does seem to fit in with what I recall the embracing of the nanny state by the Naperville residents; it is the only place where I have lived in which the residents voted themselves not one, but TWO massive property tax increases, "for the chiddren".

Anyway, which is more hilarious; this guy trying to tap dance around wanting rules for thee, not me, or the fact that it was his niece that dropped a dime on him?

https://abc7chicago.com/naperville-...ughters-wedding-coronavirus-illinois/8182426/

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    A friend just got medically discharged from the service because of covid.

Sounds like this is a different strain than mild cases earlier this year, kind of nightmarish. He was very young, very fit, and in exceptional health.

Not going into further details for obvious reasons.

indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.

Sounds like this is a different strain than mild cases earlier this year, kind of nightmarish. He was very young, very fit, and in exceptional health.

Covid 21?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

"Sounds like" or verified? A new strain with even worse outcomes would be a big deal.

It is known the original strain mutated to the 614G strain some time ago which is more contagious and caused faster spread of the virus in humans but the main difference is its greater ability to spread - not any worsening of outcomes.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    "Sounds like" or verified? A new strain with even worse outcomes would be a big deal.

It is known the original strain mutated to the 614G strain some time ago which is more contagious and caused faster spread of the virus in humans but the main difference is its greater ability to spread - not any worsening of outcomes.

Well from what he described it sounded much worse than members here have reported. Remember, this isn't science, I'm not a doctor, and neither is he.

I just remember way early on in the covid freakout there were 2 strains. I can't say I remember perfectly, but I think it was SAR-S and SAR-L, The S and L part I'm pretty certain of.
    The conditions on base probably (more than probably...) contributed to it being far more severe than it would likely become in a less confined setting.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I guess if there is a more virulent strain out there spreading, that could affect how soon I want to get the vaccine. - not that I have any say in how soon I could get the vaccine - just in how soon I want it.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    This from the city from which the oze family escaped in 2012; when we located there in 1990, it and the two counties that covered it (DuPage and Will) were solidly red. It took the ensuing 22 years for it to become purple. Now, 8 years later, it is solidly blue. ****ing soccer moms.

I don't know anything about this mayor, other than he does seem to have an (R) after his name, but he does seem to fit in with what I recall the embracing of the nanny state by the Naperville residents; it is the only place where I have lived in which the residents voted themselves not one, but TWO massive property tax increases, "for the chiddren".

Anyway, which is more hilarious; this guy trying to tap dance around wanting rules for thee, not me, or the fact that it was his niece that dropped a dime on him?

https://abc7chicago.com/naperville-...ughters-wedding-coronavirus-illinois/8182426/

These politicians repeatedly wanting the peasants to do the work, while they act like royalty, is one of the worst behavior examples of the pandemic. If anyone should be arrested for violating policy, it's them. Instead they'll probably be re-elected

It's like closing the roads during a blizzard, then being the guy that drives behind the snowplow because you have special permission.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Well from what he described it sounded much worse than members here have reported. Remember, this isn't science, I'm not a doctor, and neither is he.

I just remember way early on in the covid freakout there were 2 strains. I can't say I remember perfectly, but I think it was SAR-S and SAR-L, The S and L part I'm pretty certain of.
    The conditions on base probably (more than probably...) contributed to it being far more severe than it would likely become in a less confined setting.

I remember the papers on those strains. There was speculation one was more serious than the other, but I think that was disproven.

Though most young people obviously don't get serious disease from SARS, there are thousands in total that have died or have permanent injury. Researchers are looking at genetic and immune characteristics to identify what factors are correlated with critical disease vs minor illness. I just had a webinar on yesterday where that was being discussed but I was only able to tune in peripherally.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    As Dr. Fauci said this year, feel free to vote if you have COVID and make sure you walk up close enough to a poll worker and tell them you are sick.

Has they mayor put in any further restrictions? If not it sounds like a case of sour grapes by the niece who probably wasn't invited. Now the mayors who have shut down businesses or gatherings and then went and had their hair done or went to a party with more than the "allowed" number of people, yeah those should get roasted.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Dr. Chris Martenson has been following and explaining information around Covid for a long time now. He just put out the following:

[video=youtube;z5-S49EqCJ8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5-S49EqCJ8[/video]

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    Dr. Chris Martenson has been following and explaining information around Covid for a long time now. He just put out the following:

[video=youtube;z5-S49EqCJ8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5-S49EqCJ8[/video]

Interesting, another anti-parasitic (C[SUB]48[/SUB]H[SUB]74[/SUB]O[SUB]14[/SUB])....like....hydroxychloroquine (C[SUB]18[/SUB]H[SUB]26[/SUB]ClN[SUB]3[/SUB])?

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Yup. Another well-established, relatively safe and inexpensive drug that I don't expect to be seriously considered and recommended by the WHO/FDA/CDC/NIH/etc.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Yup. Another well-established, relatively safe and inexpensive drug that I don't expect to be seriously considered and recommended by the WHO/FDA/CDC/NIH/etc.

That's not really a fair analysis considering thatat least some of those agencies have withdrawn their recommendation for Remdesivir but still recommend the inexpensive corticosteroids

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Has they mayor put in any further restrictions? If not it sounds like a case of sour grapes by the niece who probably wasn't invited. Now the mayors who have shut down businesses or gatherings and then went and had their hair done or went to a party with more than the "allowed" number of people, yeah those should get roasted.
    Sorry I looked at this a bit more, and found that the the city council wanted a mandate to force the wearing of masks at all times in public, both indoors and out, and the mayor supported it. Upon his return, he changed his mind after what I think is called a "come to Jesus moment:

"And now, having just visited a state with an open economy and no mask mandate, I have witnessed firsthand that less regulation can be just as safe and lead to better results."

The measure was subsequently voted down.

Hallelujah.

https://abc7chicago.com/politics/naperville-mask-mandate-fails-after-mayor-changes-stance/8427788/

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

I think you are right about the niece. I read the wedding was outside and would not be much of a spreader gathering.
    It sounds more like he is defying these draconian restrictions rather than making them.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Headed across the border to Meeeeeeechigan tomorrow to have dinner and drinks at our favorite winery/brewery/distillery.

But wait, you say... Michigan banned indoor dining?

True. And while we won't be able to eat and drink inside their 80' diameter round barn, cause ya know, the 'Rona would get us. We'll be perfectly safe in these lovely, heated, 8' diameter igloos...

0bc952a7-1e28-45ea-a055-19e82b11f36c.jpeg

Can't wait.:rolleyes:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom