• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    OK, my carry is a Sig P226 MK25 and I have a Serpa holster (really like it) and have started carrying it but usually have it covered with my shirt. Tshirt inside and regular shirt outside. I am self conscious since I live in liberal land downtown where a cop tried to grab an OCer's pistol while in line at a local grocery store (past story) to teach him a lesson. No offense to the police because I have had many discussions with them downtown with positive carry opinions.

One reason I am doing it is because I cannot comfortably IWB because my pants won't fit. LOL

Guess you might say I am CCing an OC. No guts? Common sense? I feel both but I really do not want to make a scene or "test the system" as I feel that is for younger folks. I don'ts needs da hassle.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    OK, my carry is a Sig P226 MK25 and I have a Serpa holster (really like it) and have started carrying it but usually have it covered with my shirt. Tshirt inside and regular shirt outside. I am self conscious since I live in liberal land downtown where a cop tried to grab an OCer's pistol while in line at a local grocery store (past story) to teach him a lesson. No offense to the police because I have had many discussions with them downtown with positive carry opinions.

One reason I am doing it is because I cannot comfortably IWB because my pants won't fit. LOL

Guess you might say I am CCing an OC. No guts? Common sense? I feel both but I really do not want to make a scene or "test the system" as I feel that is for younger folks. I don'ts needs da hassle.
    :popcorn:

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Interested to see how this thread plays out. I have also tried this carry method and it seemed to work. My dilemma is: I'm not really a long shirt kind of guy, but my next EDC is going to be a 5" 1911. So it'll be more O than C.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Interested to see how this thread plays out. I have also tried this carry method and it seemed to work. My dilemma is: I'm not really a long shirt kind of guy, but my next EDC is going to be a 5" 1911. So it'll be more O than C.

Well, my shirt mostly covers it except when the wind blows.

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    I carry a 1911 or a revolver IWB with a button-up shirt half-buttoned over it. Nobody ever says anything, so it must be working! I have long hair, long beard, tattoos and don't need any more attention than I already get.....

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I am self conscious since I live in liberal land downtown where a cop tried to grab an OCer's pistol while in line at a local grocery store (past story) to teach him a lesson.

How are you gonna just drop that in there and not elaborate? Story please.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    How are you gonna just drop that in there and not elaborate? Story please.

Somebody reaches for my gun, they're likely to get shot. Some of us carry backups. As they're reaching and trying to grab an oc, they could already be drawn on if they're messing with someone with good training.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    This is a carry issue. It should be in the "Carry Issues and Self Defense" subforum, not in "Handguns."

I, too, carry a BUG and a blade for primary weapon retention. If you reach for my gun, you're gonna have a bad time, m'kay?

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    When I open carry, people always stop me and ask if I have a black ancestor somewhere in my lineage. Nobody has yet tried to grab it in public, though, no matter how liberal they are.

PMR

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    NWI, Cedar Lake
    This is how I have been carrying my Glock 19 due to comfort, except on Sunday when going to church. In the Serpa it does tend to print a little and I don't want the church folk to get distracted from praying so I go IWB there.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    When I first started carrying, I carried my SP101 IWB. I hated carrying like that. I am too petite, it would rub on my ribs or make my pants sag. It wasn't comfortable to carry that way.

I now carry OWB in a Galco holster. I forget I am carrying most of the time at least until I notice someone looking at me funny. Depending where I am, I cover my gun with my shirt but it's still pretty noticeable I have something under my shirt. I don't usually intentionally OC but at the same time I don't make much effort to CC either.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Somebody reaches for my gun, they're likely to get shot. Some of us carry backups. As they're reaching and trying to grab an oc, they could already be drawn on if they're messing with someone with good training.

Muscle memory from serious training would make a grab for my gun most un-pleasant for anyone...I mean any one.

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    It can be grabbed. I have had my wife come up behind me, acting as though I was standing in line or just talking to someone, and grab my gun forcefully. It will come out of the holster, and she yells "BANG". Meaning I just died before I could get a backup weapon out. Just something to think about.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    It can be grabbed. I have had my wife come up behind me, acting as though I was standing in line or just talking to someone, and grab my gun forcefully. It will come out of the holster, and she yells "BANG". Meaning I just died before I could get a backup weapon out. Just something to think about.

What kind of holster do you carry?

Top Bottom