• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I don't own a Kimber never have and haven't even shot one before. Since I got my Kahr PM45 I have started a love affair with small 45 caliber pistols.

I just got this in the Able Ammo newsletter today and man, this is one beautiful gun. This thing just oozes class, Kimber Super Carry Ultra in .45 ACP.

I might start saving up the $1300.00 for this puppy. Just wanted to share with the group.:D

Kimber.jpg

[FONT=&quot]Kimber Super Carry Ultra .45 ACP
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The Super Carry family was designed with a single purpose, to be the finest concealed carry pistols available today. Night sights, ambidextrous thumb safety and match grade trigger group are standard. Stainless steel slides and light weight aluminum frames wear KimPro II, a proprietary high-tech finish that is self-lubricating and extremely durable. Super Carry pistols combine dynamic style with outstanding quality and performance – just what you expect from Kimber.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]CALIBER: .45 ACP[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]BARREL LENGTH: 3in.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]CAPACITY: 7[/FONT]

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    If you're in a new love affair with small .45acp pistols, let me stoke the fire with some more.

I recently picked up a S&W Chief's Special .45.

CS45 below with the 4513.

4513CS45.jpg

4513CS452.jpg

4513CS453.jpg

cs45.jpg

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I'm not a 1911 guy generally, and really don't care for the little ones, but that Ultra Super Carry looks pretty sexy. We've got a used Ultra Eclipse in the shop right now that made me stop and fondle it the other day, too. ;)

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    If you're in a new love affair with small .45acp pistols, let me stoke the fire with some more.

I recently picked up a S&W Chief's Special .45.

CS45 below with the 4513.

4513CS45.jpg

4513CS452.jpg

4513CS453.jpg

cs45.jpg

A .45 Semi-auto Chief's Special :yesway:

I already have its little sister a model 36 Chief Special in .38. This could be the big brother.
    Are they hard to come by? I don't recall ever seeing one in any of the gun shops in Central Indiana.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    s-521-

Do you see CS45, 457S or 4513 models very often at Bradis? I'm thinking I would like to find either a 457S or a 4513 also. I REALLY like my CS45.

Thanks!

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Hummel's in Portland had one of those Cheif's specials a few months ago, and couldn't GIVE it away. It was KILLIN" me!

But if you wanna see a beautiful small carry gun...
    P238-SAS-detail.jpg

Stock pic, yes...... but it's in the small of my back right now!
    Thanks, Matthews28!!

MAHamlin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    I love 1911s! I absolutely adore them! However... I'm just not a big fan of all the new serrations that different manufacturers are putting out there. Ed Brown has the Kobra scales and the Special Forces scallops. Kimber has several different cocking serrations (the ones above and the SIS cocking serrations to name a few). Wilson has the X-tac. Dan Wesson is using scallops on the front strap and MSH of their CCOs. I dunno, call me old-fashioned, but I would far rather have standard cocking serrations and either 25 or 30 LPI checkering or serrations on the front strap and MSH.

One thing I will say about this pistol's front strap, though, is it is very nicely high cut!

P.S. I would rather it be a single sided safety as well, but I'm not a lefty so I'm biased. I can understand the need for it for those of the south paw persuasion.

60Driver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Hamilton County
    I am certain it is a great little 1911 and has many excellent features for an EDC. Kimber builds a good gun and certain that one will be a very good one....I have 2 simple issues with it though, both form not function, and probably just my taste:

1. WHY put the snakeskin/scallop insted of traditional checkering/serrations? Is it considered less likely to hang up under a cover garment? I am sure the metal work is pretty but I guess I am just to traditional (Have same issue with the EB Kobra, great gun don't like the look, and the Kimber SIS which I would already own if not for "SIS" serations) Heck they even did the top of the slide with snakeskin thingy engraving.:n00b:

The other thing about it is the name...Super Ultra Carry. Sounds to much like Marvin the Martians plutonium xk p231 space modulator! And if I were to order it with checkering and normal slide cuts it would be a CUSTOM SUPER ULTRA CARRY, and that name is just over the top tacticool for a simple guy like me. Could abbreviate it to CSUC....wait that does not work either:laugh:

Seriously I am sure it is a damn fine little blaster, just can't get over the aesthetics.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    S&W 3913 and 4513 are the gold standard of single stack pistols. Quality, accuracy, and ergos are as good as anything on the market. The CS line has it's proponents, as well. The ergos are much different on it, but people who love them are adamat about them.

In the last couple of years, these pistol have started disappering into collections and those in good condition are being picked up rather quickly. Prices are already starting to reflect the increased interest, and condition has become the driving force in the market.

The interest is not limited to just these particular models. The 908s are going quickly, as are some other .45s. You can still find them, even NIB, but you will pay accordingly. I love mine.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I love 1911's. But I've never really cared for the 3" models. I don't think they're any easier to conceal than a 4" model with a good holster. And I have always enjoyed shooting the 4" better, and hit a lot better with them.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    The other thing about it is the name...Super Ultra Carry. Sounds to much like Marvin the Martians plutonium xk p231 space modulator! And if I were to order it with checkering and normal slide cuts it would be a CUSTOM SUPER ULTRA CARRY, and that name is just over the top tacticool for a simple guy like me. Could abbreviate it to CSUC....wait that does not work either:laugh:

I'm a big fan of Kimbers (I've had three, still have two with one being my EDC) but damn that is funny right there. :laugh:

try'd to Rep you for reminding me of some good cartoons but I have to spread it around first before giving it to you again.

By the way I'm diggin on the Super Carry Pro size (ok call me a Marvin :))

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I love 1911s! I absolutely adore them! However... I'm just not a big fan of all the new serrations that different manufacturers are putting out there. Ed Brown has the Kobra scales and the Special Forces scallops. Kimber has several different cocking serrations (the ones above and the SIS cocking serrations to name a few). Wilson has the X-tac. Dan Wesson is using scallops on the front strap and MSH of their CCOs. I dunno, call me old-fashioned, but I would far rather have standard cocking serrations and either 25 or 30 LPI checkering or serrations on the front strap and MSH.

One thing I will say about this pistol's front strap, though, is it is very nicely high cut!

P.S. I would rather it be a single sided safety as well, but I'm not a lefty so I'm biased. I can understand the need for it for those of the south paw persuasion.

I agree with you on that. I like the old school 1911 look. If I was to buy one it would be a G.I. model.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    Hollow log
    Nice looking pistol but I would never pay that much personaly.

Sir, you must be the king of tight-wads to keep coming into peoples threads and complaining about prices. Your cynicism is ruining my INGO experience. Your blocked.

OP - that Kimber looks like a phenomenal gun. I agree that it should make a slim and concealable carry piece for you. It's stylish to boot! Go buy it, and give us a range report! :)

Last edited:

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Sir, you must be the king of tight-wads to keep coming into peoples threads and complaining about prices. Your cynicism is ruining my INGO experience. Your blocked.

Sir, according to official INGO Mall Ninja rules and regs, you must now fill out an official butt hurt report. You are NOT blocked, however, because MY INGO experience allows for healthy debate of all types and opinions with which I do and do not agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Top Bottom