• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Your cynicism is ruining my INGO experience. Your blocked.

You'll find that if someone is irksome to you, he is to others too. That means they'll be quoted by others frequently and you'll still see them.

If someone bothers you, it is easier to do a manual ignore than a forum based one. After you're married the skill comes naturally.

Ms. Paddling_man: "Did you hear what I said?"

PM: "Huh? Be right back, honey. By the way, could you get me a beer while I'm gone?"

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Now, I am not personally a Kimber guy... However these pistols are spooky light. We;ve had a full size and still have at least 1 Super Ultra.. LIGHT is the operative word here. The look nice, have a sweet feel, but Kimber's just don't do it for me personally.

spyshot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Winchester/Union City
    i really like the look of those small 1911's but i've never shot on. but i'm not a big 1911 fan so i doubt i'll buy one just to try. maybe one of my gun buddies will get one so i can try it out.

Last edited:

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    Here is my Kimber, one of my EDC, nice light accurate gun...

SDC10225.jpg

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    For those that own them, how do the small, light Kimbers run? I've heard anecdotal mention of reliability issues with 1911s in any other form than the divine Browning's 5".

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Never really paid much attention to Kimber before. But now that I'm looking the more I see them the more I like them.

That's a sweet looking gun... as I go back and look at my Glock :n00b:. I can definitely appreciate a sharp looking 1911, even though I don't currently own any.

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    For those that own them, how do the small, light Kimbers run? I've heard anecdotal mention of reliability issues with 1911s in any other form than the divine Browning's 5".

You hear and read a lot of problems with the 3" 1911's on the internet and I'm sure a lot of it is true when you consider how much faster they run over a 5" gun. I think that’s why you won’t see some of your high end models like Baer and Brown in a 3" model.

Myself, I had one failure to load with the factory Kimber mag the first day I shot the Ultra CDP II. I continued shooting the gun until my Tripp mags came in without any other issues however once the Tripp mags came in I switched and never came back to the Kimber mags. Maybe it was the mag, maybe it was the gun being new and tight, maybe it was the hand loaded ammo, don't know. But I do know I shoot this gun several times a month with every kind of ammo available and I have never had another issue with it. If I didn't trust it, I wouldn't carry it.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US

Conventional wisdom says not to go shorter than a Commander-length (4") gun, lest you risk unreliability. Were I to carry a 1911, I would heed said wisdom.

That said, a friend and fellow INGOer had a Kimber Ultra Eclipse and Ultra CDP for awhile. I shot both on several occasions and watched him shoot them on many more. We didn't really push or punish the guns (high-volume compressed firing schedule with minimal maintenance, etc), but in the shooting we did do with them, they ran 100%.

I've only seen one Kimber that was an absolute dog (reliability problems from the get-go that persisted even after several trips back to the factory. Eventually, Kimber basically threw up their hands and refused to service it anymore). Oddly enough, it was a full-size Eclipse. :n00b:

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana

I've had my Ultra (3") for over 4 years now and have NEVER had a single problem with it. I've let all sorts of people shoot it, new shooter, experienced shooters, small shooters, etc. and zero problems with it. It was the first gun my son ever shot (he was 11 yrs old at the time) and he loved it. It is accurate, reliable, and a surprisingly soft shooter for being an aluminum framed small .45 handgun.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I had a S&W 4516...which was a pretty nice gun...but I spotted something I wanted more...and sold the 4516. I will say that the 4516 was a GREAT gun...but the new toy was something I had wanted for 15+ years...I got enough out of the 4516 to pay for what I wanted...enough said!!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    Hollow log
    Sir, according to official INGO Mall Ninja rules and regs, you must now fill out an official butt hurt report. You are NOT blocked, however, because MY INGO experience allows for healthy debate of all types and opinions with which I do and do not agree.

I don't have any skin in the 1911 or Kimber debates. In fact, I don't own a 1911 of any brand - but that doesn't mean I have to take a dump on the OPs purchase.

If you look back through the posts of the user in question, you will see that this wasn't the first time he has rained on someones parade, simply because a gun was expensive. On numerous occasions, he has criticized someones choice of gun because HE could have purchased so many of 'X' brand economy gun "for that price". In fact, he had just done this in a previous thread before I made my post above.

It's the same concept as previously denounced in the GLOCK/HK/High Point hate threads, except with money (I own 'X', so I'm smarter than you because of 'Y').

The only 'skin' I have in the game is contributing original knowledge to this forum, as well as providing informative replies to users with genuine questions. I don't criticize peoples choices, participate in brand snobbery, or make off-topic recommendations.

I suppose it's only fair that I be punished for speaking out against someone who trolls - The proper response would have been to ignore him.

flyboy727

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Evansville area
    My favorite carry gun I own is my Sig P 238 SAS. I know its nly a .380, but it fits in any pocket and is a very nice gun.

I have never seen one of the S&W Chiefs Specials like shown above. I wanna check one out\.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    I decided about 3 months ago that I was going to purchase a Kimber. Approximately 50 hours of research(drooling) later, I decided on the Pro CDP II. The bob tail on the Super Ultra Carry almost had me going that direction, if not for the upcharge over the CDP. You can't go wrong with a Kimber (unless you get that lemon a previous post was describing). Good luck and let us know how it runs.

Last edited:

mrfjones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Chico
    I really enjoyed the 1911 platform when I owned one and I will probably get another some day. For now I am looking more at the sig p238 and the smaller Springfields in 9mm.

That Kimber is a great looking weapon

johnb62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Evansville Area
    I have the Super Carry Pro. It is quite the looker also. About the perfect size for a carry gun for me. If I need smaller I will carry my EMP. Both have Tucker Silent Thunder IWB holsters.

johnb62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Evansville Area
    I should add that this is the only Kimber I currently own. I bought because I like the way it looked. For the most part if I am going to spend that much on a 1911 I will look at brands in addition to Kimber.

Top Bottom