• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FordMan08

Shooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    24   1   1
    Nov 26, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    We are about to enter the BBQ season.. Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity . When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:

Routine..! ..

(1)
    The woman buys the food.

(2)
    The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.

(3)
    The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.
    (4)
    The woman remains outside the compulsory three meter exclusion zone where the exuberance of testosterone and other manly bonding activities can take place without the interference of the woman.

Here comes the important part:

(5)
    ! THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.

More routine...

(6) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.

(7)
    The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is looking great. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he flips the meat

Important again:

(8)
    THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.

More routine...

(9)
    The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.

(10)
    After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.

And most important of all:

(11)
    Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.

(12) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed ' her night off ', and, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    BBQ season lasts from January 1 to December 31 at my house...My grills have to be completely covered in snow for me not to use them 4-5 times a week.

Oh and I prefer to buy the food and prepare it myself as well...If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.;)

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Bambi and pinapple kabobs

aBambionthebarbie32.jpg

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Ok now that you have gotten me my little appetizer...whacha gonna cook for the other folks as an appetizer and for dinner? :laugh:

Greg

Careful. A guy could get his fingers burnt or even whacked making assumptions like that. It was my first crack at kabobs so it was kind of an expiriment. I liked it pretty good.

This is more run of the mill for me. Bambi steaks, onions, peppers, mushrooms, and baked potatoe.

17547bambi_grub.jpg

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Careful. A guy could get his fingers burnt or even whacked making assumptions like that. It was my first crack at kabobs so it was kind of an expiriment. I liked it pretty good.

This is more run of the mill for me. Bambi steaks, onions, peppers, mushrooms, and baked potatoe.

17547bambi_grub.jpg
    mmmmm....Do you like dinner company?

Buckhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Shelby Co
    Agree

BBQ season lasts from January 1 to December 31 at my house...My grills have to be completely covered in snow for me not to use them 4-5 times a week.

Oh and I prefer to buy the food and prepare it myself as well...If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.;)

100% agree with you Bazooka Joe. I have cleaned the snow off the grill plenty of times to enjoy some BBQ.

As for the rest of the steps.... they appear to be right on the money! :laugh:

She's not always on beer replacement as I have four kids. :cheers:

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana

17547bambi_grub.jpg

What I was getting at was that it looked GREAT and I could eat everything there and want more. :laugh:

As for cleaning snow of the grill to cook, I have been known to be smoking a 20# beef chuck in a roaring blizzard before. (it took about 16 hours and it was in the middle of dec for a party. They wanted both pulled pork AND pulled beef. SO I did a couple of pork shoulders and a beef chuck roll. all told I had about 40-50# on the smoker in 10-20 degree weather and a blinding snowstorm. LOL)

Greg

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    What I was getting at was that it looked GREAT and I could eat everything there and want more. :laugh:

Greg

Yeah, I kinda got that idea. That's why I was watch'n ya so close.

Since it worked out pretty good I'll make more next time. Most times I'm just fixing enough for myself since the wife and daughter get kind of squeamish... guess that whole butchering in the kitchen and all that sort of ruined things for them.

Top Bottom