• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Finally got out and shot my new AR yesterday for the first time and got it all sighted in. I have a Battlecomp on it. It comes with a standard crush washer, and after hand tightening it, the logo (which should end up at 6 o'clock) was at about 2 o'clock. Research suggested you need about 90 degrees past hand-tight to make it fully snug, and the washer could go as much as 360 degrees if needed. I assumed the "4 o'clocks" would be about perfect. I got it tightened down, felt very tight, and stopped the logo right at 6 o'clock.

I shot around 100 rounds at the range, mostly testing, sighting, chronoing some loads, and shooting for groups. When I got back and started to tear it down and inspect I saw the Battlecomp was completely loose. I could only hand tighten back to about 4 o'clock and needed the wrench to get it back to 6.

Should I get another crush washer and try again? Should I switch to peel washers? What do I need to do to make sure this bastard will stay tight. I've heard red loctite won't work due to the heat. Rockset? Anyone else shoot their brake's loose? I can't seem to find a single account of anyone's battlecomp shooting loose before.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I was hoping you wouldn't say that. Cheapest rocksett is $1.99 with $11 shipping or $3 with $10 shipping. I'll see what I can come up with.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom