• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I've tossed the idea around about getting a suppressor for my Baby Eagle but they don't make a threaded barrel for it.

So I was looking at the different barrel lengths of the different models. I chose the Semi Compact Poly BDE with a barrel that was 3.93". The Full Size barrel is 4.52".

Can I purchase the full size barrel and thread it and it still work in my semi compact gun? Would it function correctly with a suppressor?

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Thats a tough one.

You will need to find someone well versed in those make of guns, but for the most part and the exception of a few Glock models, barrel interchangeability is a form of voodoo.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Meh, I'd probably get the same woman as last time but I think they have a tech guy around. If not I'll get a hold of IWI and post my results either way.

I didn't know if changing barrels was a universal thing or not. I know the larger DE's can swap around fairly effeciently though.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Send it to Steve at ADCO Firearms in OH. He will turn down the barrel and install an extension sleeve over the barrel that he can then thread on the end. Cost isn't all that much.

Adco Firearms LLC

look under shop services.

I'll try and get you an exact link when I'm able to access the site from home later tonight.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Didn't get a chance to call today. I'll call monday.

I gotta see if the barrels are interchangable before I go buying one. I hope so though. That would be awesome to have a Tactical Jericho! :D

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    My sister is in Avon. Any good ranges down there?

Close? If you want to pay membership. Otherwise you're limited or have to drive. Eagle Creek Pistol Range, Don's, or on the East Side is Pop's Guns. Otherwise there's Marion County Fish and Game, Danville Conservation Club, and Martinsville Conservation Club. I usually just opt to go to Camp Atterbury since they have the closest 100yrd rifle range and no membership.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    [run BrokenRecord.txt]
    So does this mean you and Tink are signed up for a training course in the near future then? :)
    [stop BrokenRecord.txt]

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    AppleSeed First since it's cheapest. Then probably Eddie Eagle for the kids. After that, We'll see what pistol classes we can find. I know one lady at PSS does classes for people on request. If I remember correctly, she's fairly cheap and would be a good start until we can afford a GOOD class. :D

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    There will be PLENTY! I HAVE to get good pics of Natalie with a rifle! Dunno whether I should give her the Marlin or the SKS though. I'm good with both, but the irons aren't sighted on the marlin... Can you use scopes at Appleseed? I would think so...

(you're welcome)

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    SavageEagle,

Appleseed - Any rifle, any sights.
    Some rifles are easier than others to use on the timed stages.

Hawkhavn

Top Bottom