• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Well for Beretta, it is kind of concerning. They don't really have a real 22 target offering after the U22 Neos got discontinued.

Only 22LR offerings now are the little 21As and the 22LR 92FS.. nothing I would really fit the role that the 76, 87, 89, or U22 Neos filled.

The big plus for the U22 neos was its modularity, but with everything out of production, its a useless feature.. the various grips are hard to find (unless you want black) and the carbine kit is unobtainioum.

We can only hope the rumored 80X Cheetah in 22LR isn't vaporvare.
    So true.
    The Beretta 87 was the closest to a target offering that I knew of in the Beretta line.
    I finally came across one & held its own with my SW 41 one occasion.
    It was one I should have kept.
    Cost me $800 (before election & Covid) plus tax plus upgraded grips: pricey by my standards. :spend:

wood grips rt. side.jpg wood grips left side.jpg Rnage 6.08.2020 w87 w41 wBBHnt wRM3.jpg Range 12.14.2020 wOptic 30 ft..jpg

iron sight, no optic
    Range 12.16.2020 five 1.75 targets.jpg Range 12.16.2020 Pistol 1.75 targets x10 49)50.jpg

Last edited:

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I Actually have and 8" and 4" Neos and a carbine kit. Fun stuff for plinking. My Ruger 22/45 definitely is more accurate for target shooting i would have to say.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I haven't had either but the only NEOS I've been in the same room with had unimpressive accuracy and had an extended trip back to the factory for functionality issues before the owner sold it.

I've been around lots of people shooting mk4 Rugers that run fantastic.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    So true.
    The Beretta 87 was the closest to a target offering that I knew of in the Beretta line.
    I finally came across one & held its own with my SW 41 one occasion.
    It was one I should have kept.
    Cost me $800 (before election & Covid) plus tax plus upgraded grips: pricey by my standards. :spend:
    iron sight, no optic
    There were target versions of most of the 22LR pistols made by Beretta over the years.

Even the little pocket pistols had a target version made.

P-Beretta-mod-80.gif

Beretta-74-22-LR_101077798_75955_82A8FAF61E86849A.jpg

400px-Beretta76.jpg

OYPNnLw.jpg

H4091-L107733749.jpg

They really have a rich tradition of them, which makes me sort of worried and boggled they have abandoned the market.

macolesby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2022
    Terre Haute
    I am interested in purchasing a 22 for target practice with the intent of keeping ammunition costs down. I have the opportunity to purchase a used Baretta U22 Neos and/or a Ruger Mark IV. They both appear to be in good shape. My only negative comment is that the Baretta seems to be overly complicated in terms of disassembly for cleaning. Any comments, either pro or con, on either?
    Thank you,
    D.

The Beretta's were always rife with issues from what I've seen. Unreliable, Ammo is extremely finicky, takedown is not the easiest. For the price a Mk series in any generation will outshoot the Neos. The only thing the Neos has going for it is if you need a bit of nostalgia and have more money than sense you can paint it to look like the old nintendo blasters.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    The Beretta's were always rife with issues from what I've seen. Unreliable, Ammo is extremely finicky, takedown is not the easiest. For the price a Mk series in any generation will outshoot the Neos. The only thing the Neos has going for it is if you need a bit of nostalgia and have more money than sense you can paint it to look like the old nintendo blasters.
    I had zero issues with my Neos, it even ran fine on the much hated Remington bulk ammo. That said, the Neos is a large plinking pistol while the Ruger is or can be an actual target pistol.

Raven312

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2018
    Hammond
    There were target versions of most of the 22LR pistols made by Beretta over the years.

Even the little pocket pistols had a target version made.

P-Beretta-mod-80.gif

Beretta-74-22-LR_101077798_75955_82A8FAF61E86849A.jpg

400px-Beretta76.jpg

OYPNnLw.jpg

H4091-L107733749.jpg

They really have a rich tradition of them, which makes me sort of worried and boggled they have abandoned the market.

However it goes, that is one beautiful pistol!

WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    I have a Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite and a Browning Buckmark Black Medalion. Just staring hard at the Ruger will cause it to disassemble, clean itself, and reassemble. :-) The Browning on the other hand requires NO dissemble, just cleaning. With both pistols I find myself backing up to make the shot more difficult. I usually run out of room before making it hard to hit the target. The Browning is mine, the Ruger is my wife's.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ruger. Hands down.

My only beef is mine loses accuracy if its not clean enough. I just keep a bore snake in the range bag. When accuracy goes south I run it through 2x and I'm back a minute later.

They do have an odd reassembly method that can be confounding if you dont understand how it works. If you dont know the trick, you'll never get it back together. But Once you know, its an easy job. Kinda like a magic trick.

If you dont know you'll want to shoot yourself in the head... but you cant because it wont go back together. LOL

There is also an aftermarket kit to eliminate that annoyance, but I dont think its worth it.

EDIT: If you ever have trouble getting it together, PM me. I'll be glad to help.

Top Bottom