Banned myself from purchasing more firearms!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    I know this has been discussed before, but it's time for me to acknowledge my addiction. :rolleyes:

I have never been a half-a** person, but I have found myself not completing projects or accessorizing my recent purchases, because I am spending the money on more new firearms. (I know, I know, not really the market to do so, but I am patient and find decent deals.)

So needless to say, I have a few items that are feeling neglected and naked, and I should officially be turned into FPS for neglect. (Firearm Protection Services, you know, like CPS for children except this is for inanimate objects.)

I took the first step, and I have weeded out and down to a few calibers. (Except for those items that I inherited....won't give those up even though they are not within my caliber specific parameters.)

I am now only partaking in .40S&W for pistol, .223 and .308 for rifle, and .22LR for plinking in both pistol and rifle forms. Shotguns don't count, right?:dunno:

So, I have officially banned myself from purchasing a new firearm until I complete my original intentions with those that are in my posession. (Of course that is until I find the next pretty/shiney/metal item that attracts my attention.)

I had to get this off my chest so I can hold myself accountable.....now let's see how long I last!!

:cheers:

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i cant help myself. i bought a DPMS in March and I'm already thinking about selling it to put in an order for a Colt. also thinking about selling several handguns to fund a Colt or SA 1911...then i see someone selling a Keltec 9mm and another with an LCP.

god help me!!!

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I'm in the same boat as well. Need to stop looking at firearms and get myself a new bow set up. Would like to hit some 3D shoots this summer as well. I'm itching for October to get here now.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Ive pretty much done the same, until I buy a good gunsafe.

Problem is it hasnt stopped me from buying some ammo. ;)

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Dang, you do have a problem. You don't have any revolvers(atleast that you shooter regularly?).

I have a few, but correct, I don't shoot them regularly. I do take my .38spcl to the range about once per month, as sometimes I like/need to use it for ankle carry, so I like keep tuned up with it. Maybe you are correct, more revolvers is what I need!!! Doh!!!...That means another stocking caliber!

NO. NO. NO. STAY AWAY FROM FINE SHOT GUNS. THEY ARE THE MOST ADDICTIVE OF ALL FIREARMS. MHO.

I guess what I meant was that I am not counting shotguns as firearms that have to be within the specific calibers I mentioned. I can buy whatever guage of these I see fit, because for the most part, I can still feed those pretty easily, and I enjoy skeet/trap/clays. Although I shoot my 20 and 16 gauges somewhat often, my 12 guages get the most action. I have two more on my wish list that I am hoping to obtain in the immediate future........but trying really hard to hold off until I finish my other projects!

Top Bottom