• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yup. Hope the judge laughs in her face. She broke policy, she deserves to be fired. If you feel that strongly about carrying, get a job at an employer that shares your feeling.

She broke the rules and got caught.:dunno:

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Surprised at the responses here. Usual mantra here is "conceal" despite policy because "no job is worth your life".

Yes, it's private property, but does the bank have an armed gaurd? If not, she's a sitting duck.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Surprised at the responses here. Usual advise is "conceal" bespite policy.

Yes, it's private property, but does the bank have an armed gaurd? If not, she's a sitting duck.

If she would have asked what our advice was, I am sure she would have gotten that one as well as others. But that ship has sailed. The issue now is that she was caught. Even the "concealed means concealed" crowd recognizes that the business should have the authority to set its own policy regarding firearms. She deemed it better to be judged by her boss than carried by 12. She's getting the chance to find out if that was the case. Whether or not there was an armed guard in place is somewhat irrelevant.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I feel for her, but I think the employer has a right to their policy. My current employer has the same policy, and I'm not going to test it.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    IIRC federal banking regs restrict firearms in banks for bank employees.

That is exactly it. "IIRC federal banking regs".

And don't most rules and regulations start with liabilities set as a standard by the insurance companies?
    Isn't Wells Fargo insured by the FDIC?

A Federal Company.

This might play out differently from other private properties. :dunno:

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I have had several jobs that I would have lost, had they known I was armed...I do not blame the individual for choosing to be armed. A job can be replaced...

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    This lady is an idiot for filing a lawsuit. I'm assuming that...she and her attorney are under the impression wells fargo will settle outside of court? ha. I love the quote at the end of the article from her lawyer that says "The second amendment is not a privilege. It’s a freakin’ right.” :rofl:

Seriously? What law school did this guy go to? It says nothing about you being able to carry a firearm onto private property. Sure, she can own one. That's the extent.

Duke Short

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Wells Fargo sucks anyway. So does their policy. Sorry she lost her job but it's the rules of the game. Did I mention that I think Wells Fargo SUCKS. IMHO

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Being insured by the FDIC doesn't mean that any ol' bank is some how a "federal bank".

I'm sure there are laws against it inside Federal Reserve Banks.

But your neighborhood 5/3, Huntington, PNC, etc? No laws against it, generally speaking.

(This is just like those folks who claim that the Fed. Transportation regulations proscribe carrying in a commercial vehicle)

-J-

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Wells Fargo is a faceless, emotionless, politically driven banking monster and even if she was in the right (IMO she's not) they'll simply outspend her in court and she'll lose by monetary attrition. Good luck says I...

downlinx

Expert
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    it actually states in the wells fargo employee handbook that if an employee has a weapon at work disciplinary actions will be taken. So she is at risk for her own firing.

Top Bottom