• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    This may be a long shot but does anyone know where I can get some bandsaw blades sharpened? I just picked up a mill last week and it came with 10 blades that look ok but are used. I talked to wood miser on 10ths street but they were very rude and not helpful. They acted like since I didn’t buy it from them that I was waisting their time.

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    That's too bad about your experience with Woodmizer. That's what my friend always used when he had his mill. Granted that was a bunch of years ago!

Cook Saw shows up on an internet search and I had heard of them when we were milling, so at least they've been around a while.

If you haven't already, I suggest you checkout forestryforum as they have lots of insight on small sawmill operations.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    You might try Coleman Sawmill Supply in Orleans, In. https://colemansawmillsupply.com/

When I had a WM, I bought blades from Coleman. I liked Simond blades much more than the WM blades.
    Woodmizer has/had a sharpener they sold(my Dad had one he bought at an auction). I wonder why they didn't connect you with someone who had one.

A place closer to you(just around the corner from WM), that you might check is Accurate Cutting Tech, http://www.accuratecuttingtech.com/.
    I use them for planer knife sharpening, and saw blade sharpening. They are pretty helpful, and if they don't sharpen band blades in house they may be able to send them out. They did that for me on a meat slicer blade.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    This may be a long shot but does anyone know where I can get some bandsaw blades sharpened? I just picked up a mill last week and it came with 10 blades that look ok but are used. I talked to wood miser on 10ths street but they were very rude and not helpful. They acted like since I didn’t buy it from them that I was waisting their time.
    Where are you? I can talk with a guy who gets our endmills and such redone. That place may do those blades as well.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Visco out of madison can make ya blades. Guy at our shop uses them to make his for his sawmill

66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    i sharpen my blades with my chainsaw sharpener
    really? What kind of chainsaw sharpener are you using? Does it work well? How long does it take you to sharpen a blade? I sharpen my chainsaw blades with a round hand file so I am having a hard time picturing that’s working. Lol

66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    Not sure why WM was rude to you.......I would contact the ReSharp center........https://woodmizer.com/us/ReSharp-Sawmill-Blade-Sharpening
    I don’t know. But when I was getting back into my truck I overheard two guys that were getting ready to walk in say well this will be funny I wonder what kind of mood they are in today. I went home and looked at the google reviews and there were a few others that had the same experience in the past year or so.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I don’t know. But when I was getting back into my truck I overheard two guys that were getting ready to walk in say well this will be funny I wonder what kind of mood they are in today. I went home and looked at the google reviews and there were a few others that had the same experience in the past year or so.
    Yeah....I bet someone would not be happy knowing how they treated you. Just imagine if 2 or 3 complained......how many get this service and dont complain. Maybe you can call this number or email the ReSharp Center at WM and they will be nicer.
    AMatthias@woodmizer.com

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    That's sad to hear. I got my mill in 2000, and their customer service was exceptional. Any time I needed parts, they were always more than helpful.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I went to Woodmizer in Indy because I was in town and had free time. They were super nice and gave me the grand tour of the facility. It was about 6 years ago...

66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    Well I gave wood-miser a second chance today. The lady in the office this time was very nice and helpful. She sent me to the resaw show and Alex helped me. He took his time with me and was very helpful. He even took one of my blades and sharpened it and set the teeth while we were talking. My blades were not wood-miser so he was a little worried their profile would not work. All in all it was a great experience this time. I would recommend them at from this experience.

Top Bottom