• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Interesting you posted this observation. I too have noticed more Bald Eagles.

When I noticed the article below I thought it was counterintuitive.

I really find it hard to believe the Bald Eagles uniquely consume that much wounded but unrecovered game.

I've never bought into the lead shot/wheel weights poisoning theory, if there is lead moving into the aquatic enviornment it's from lead chromate yellow pigment on the highways. Mandated by the DOT. It's more of a second front for gun control/anti hunting supporters.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I was floating off the beach at the house we used to rent up on Pelee Island. (Lake Erie) I see a bird fly over my head at about 50' and my first thought was "Holy crap, thats a big sh**hawk (gull)" then as he got past me I saw his head and realized it was an eagle.

He swooped down aboot 50 yards from me and grabbed a big fish. He flew back over to the island and disappeared behind the treeline to eat his lunch. "Murica!

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    We have several around my area . I see them on a pretty regular basis in a couple different places. Would like to add that they really like chicken. I've lost more than a few to eagles , hawks ,owls ,foxes, yokes and dogs .

Attachments

• 20220222_132217.jpg
      20220222_132217.jpg
      342.7 KB · Views: 4

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Saw one in a field south of the DeKalb Co airport this last week. Beautiful birds and hard to miss due to their size.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    One of my favorite things to do is sit on my deck with my morning beverage and watch the eagles. They are awesome to watch doing their thing.
    There's a nest about a mile down river from me big enough to hold a VW.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I photographed the eagle pair over the course of about (3) years. Their nest was very close to White River, where they fished for their meals.
    Sometimes, they can strike a very startling pose !

naturebirdeagleperchwindy%281%29B%26W-L.jpg

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I remember the first time I saw one I was maybe 15, fishing with my dad, not sure where anymore, some spillway, I saw another probably 5 years ago at lieber sra, but this year I’ve seen at least 8 around Monrovia, and I saw one maybe a mile from my moms house this afternoon.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I've got a big nest about an eighth of a mile downstream from my house. Occasionally I get buzzed in the backyard. That is a thrill. A couple of weeks ago my son in law Robbie sent me a picture of this fellow eating some poor slow soul out on the back 40 of my farm. My dad would've been so proud. I sure was.

Attachments

• IMG_1483.jpg
      IMG_1483.jpg
      266.7 KB · Views: 5
    Top Bottom