• ...and so much more!
  • HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Do you have a link for the other one?

I remember the one from a few months ago, but I didn't see one about this one.

Oh, hell.
    Different one.
    Completely ignored the date on it the first time.

Wait, two bald eagles killed in Indiana inside of ten months of each other?

Come on, people, it's our national bird.

Also don't know why I thought it was a $5k reward. Been a long day.

ZS84

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Columbus
    What a :poop: these people are. I would love to have about 30 minutes alone with this person. I hope that anyone who knows the person who did this throws this person out on the curb for the rest of us to :ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    went to Dutch Harbor Alaska once on business and the Bald Eagles were thicker than whores at a Democratic convention.

People threw rocks at them to keep them from tearing up the trash bags before the trash truck got there.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I saw a bald eagle in the middle of a corn field just south of columbia city munching on a roadkill deer yesterday. Fairly certain it was a male.

popsmoke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    Two in just this year alone? Someone's got a grudge.
    Hope they find the dude. They're gonna give Indiana a bad name.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Fairly certain it was a male.

Male and female bald eagles look alike. Without having two together to judge relative size, it would be almost impossible to determine the bird's sex just by looking at it.

Someone's got a grudge.
    Hope they find the dude.

I think you're making an awfully big assumption that both birds were killed by the same person. There's a lot of ignorant people out there who would kill an eagle, hawk or falcon without batting an eye. I'm surprised that the dumbass who did the first one hasn't bragged to his buddies and gotten nabbed yet. Maybe this guy will.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Question for people in this thread. Keep your flaming me to a minimum because I agree with not killing them, but just wanted to ask why everyone here is upset by this...

So what bothers you most about these eagles beings shot?

Patriotic symbol/National bird?
    Hunting animal illegally without a license/permit/season/poaching/etc?
    Because they were endangered/threatened prior to 2007?
    Native American culture/spiritual?
    Because the idea of it is just generally taboo?
    Some other reason?

I ask because hunting of eagles used to be very common in the U.S prior to 1940 and just wanted to see why everyone is still against it as a whole.

Some here, like in other poaching threads, seem to imply that you would severely hurt or even murder someone who takes an animal in the U.S. in a way that is against hunting/trapping laws set in place.

Personally for me, and because the generation I was born in, I'm unhappy about it the most because the eagle has become a patriotic symbol.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Question for people in this thread. Keep your flaming me to a minimum because I agree with not killing them, but just wanted to ask why everyone here is upset by this...

So what bothers you most about these eagles beings shot?

Patriotic symbol/National bird?
    Hunting animal illegally without a license/permit/season/poaching/etc?
    Because they were endangered/threatened prior to 2007?
    Native American culture/spiritual?
    Because the idea of it is just generally taboo?
    Some other reason?

I ask because hunting of eagles used to be very common in the U.S prior to 1940 and just wanted to see why everyone is still against it as a whole.

Some here, like in other poaching threads, seem to imply that you would severely hurt or even murder someone who takes an animal in the U.S. in a way that is against hunting/trapping laws set in place.

Personally for me, and because the generation I was born in, I'm unhappy about it the most because the eagle has become a patriotic symbol.

1,2, & 4..

Also he, or she was not hunting the animal. They just left it to rot.. You hunt for food, not just to kill..

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Also he, or she was not hunting the animal. They just left it to rot.. You hunt for food, not just to kill..

Ugg.... That didn't take long for a Captain correct a thread to show up...

Hunting

Noun:
    • The activity of hunting wild animals or game, esp. for food or sport.

Says nothing about about taking the game after killing it for food only as many, mannnnyyyyyy stories of poaching in the news will tell you. Additionally out of the "food and sport" mantra, prior to even 1950 many land owners shot them on site (hunted) and left them to die because they thought they were picking up their small lambs and chickens and even children in some cases. Obviously that wasn't the case with the children that anyone could prove, but it put other landowners on the bandwagon for shooting the bird because the thought of it being a nuisance/dangerous. So yes...people do/did hunt animals for their own reasons OTHER than food.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Last edited:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I am angered by it because it is our national symbol and an image of undying freedom. Now days, it's about all we have left.

popsmoke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    Working with a new theory...

The hill jacks down here in Southern Indiana were just too dumb to realize they weren't turkeys.

Top Bottom