• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    We don't decorate or visually celebrate Christmas any longer. Wife and I are in our later 70's - Kids and Grandchildren have their own Christmas with our Great Grandchildren, some do stop by for a short time but can't stay long as they have other families to see.

I do remember and honor the day as the Birth of the Son of God and give thanks!

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Well we have 2 family gatherings tomorrow, one today. 15 for breakfast Christmas morning, Manheim Steamroller on, wife has been watching Hallmark Christmas movies for 2 weeks.

We are into it!!

Merry Christmas to all Y'all...

Don

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I lost the Christmas spirit Dec 25, 1983. The day our daughter died. I don't mourn the loss of Jennifer so much anymore but the loss of the Christmas spirit. I can't get around it.

No words can fix this or even come close. Just know I understand. I lost my oldest son on my birthday in 02.I have not had a "B" day since then. And I never will.

So so very sorry for your loss.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I lost the Christmas spirit Dec 25, 1983. The day our daughter died. I don't mourn the loss of Jennifer so much anymore but the loss of the Christmas spirit. I can't get around it.

So sorry to hear this. I know its not the same, but I lost my grandfather on Dec 18,2002. That memory always looms in my mind as Christmas approaches. In any case, as best as possible Merry Christmas

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Got news today that DoggyMama has contracted a MRSA infection in her bloodstream. We think it happened at the ER last Monday when they tried to access the port in her shoulder to draw some blood and punctured the wall in her port. They removed the port yesterday. I believe they're sending her home on Thursday (last radiation treatment is Wednesday), but she will need to be on IV antibiotics for a month (at least) to get rid of the MRSA. They'll put in a picc line so I can administer the antibiotic. Went through this with her surgeries for her broken ankle last year, so been there, done that. Bah, Humbug indeed. I'm going to go light up the tree anyhow.

I took a little table top tree up to her room today, thinking it might lift her spirits, but finding out about the MRSA kinda put a damper on that. :(

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I'm with you guys. I'm just not feeling it this year. I'm ready for '18 to be over and on with the new year. I'm ready to put '18 behind me... and I purchased my house this year too... I'm over it. Headed to candlelight service in a while...

:ingo:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Got news today that DoggyMama has contracted a MRSA infection in her bloodstream. We think it happened at the ER last Monday when they tried to access the port in her shoulder to draw some blood and punctured the wall in her port. They removed the port yesterday. I believe they're sending her home on Thursday (last radiation treatment is Wednesday), but she will need to be on IV antibiotics for a month (at least) to get rid of the MRSA. They'll put in a picc line so I can administer the antibiotic. Went through this with her surgeries for her broken ankle last year, so been there, done that. Bah, Humbug indeed. I'm going to go light up the tree anyhow.

I took a little table top tree up to her room today, thinking it might lift her spirits, but finding out about the MRSA kinda put a damper on that. :(

Damnit man. I know how this can all be so overwhelming. We near lost Mrs Mouse in January this year. I mean it was way to close. One thing on top of another for a year and a half. She had a pic line for months and months. I had to do the evening cocktail blends in the bag. Infection was an ever present specter.

You will remain in our thoughts and prayers. Please keep me updated. Seriously.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I am fully into the spirit. Silent night by candle light complete.

i hope your spirit improves :cheers:

my advice: watch videos of soldiers coming home as the present to their families.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I am fully into the spirit. Silent night by candle light complete.

i hope your spirit improves :cheers:

my advice: watch videos of soldiers coming home as the present to their families.

We did the silent night by candlelight at church tonight. The whole service helped my spirit. Merry Christmas, doc!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We did the silent night by candlelight at church tonight. The whole service helped my spirit. Merry Christmas, doc!

As we got into the weekend and the gatherings my spirits lifted up. The Terrorists sealed the deal for me today. Unconditional love. You can not put a price on it.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Checked my 401k that did it for me. :):

What is the saying life in every breath, from a movie but still resonates.

Saw a commercial that ended with " this how you win Christmas " pretty much sums up the meaningless of Christmas. Why should you be joyous only on the 25th?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Checked my 401k that did it for me. :):

What is the saying life in every breath, from a movie but still resonates.

Saw a commercial that ended with " this how you win Christmas " pretty much sums up the meaningless of Christmas. Why should you be joyous only on the 25th?

We received our year end medical amounts today.The wife has had a really rough run this year. They say you can not put a price on life. Well, yes they can. I am just so blessed she is still here with me to see another Christmas.

The grand total for the year.........well north of 1,000,000. Seems they can put a price on life.....:)

We have blessings.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I had trouble getting into the spirit too. But doing well now.

I stumbled across this a week ago, and even ran this as part of the pre-roll/intro for our candlelight service tonight. (I run the video system and sometimes do some programming) It hit home for me as this is hard for me missing dad and grandma. They've been gone for a while but there is always that moment that hits me.

I hope this helps you too. It did me.

[video=youtube;0yFXfAGl17M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yFXfAGl17M[/video]

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    I'm an old lurker now that very seldom logs in. My acoustic group sang Christmas carols at the rehab in Danville last week. Doing that made me really count my blessings after seeing many of those who's time is quickly approaching. Merry Christmas to everyone! I pray for all who are struggling with this season. Please keep the positive energy flowing! Everyone needs it! Merry Christmas!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Not feeling very Christmasy myself. Couldn't get the grandkids together for an early Christmas due to DoggyMama's health issues, and this morning around 4 a.m. got a call that my mom had fallen in her apartment so I spent the morning hospital hopping from Community South for Mom and Simon Cancer Center for DoggyMama. Good news is that Mom didn't break anything and is back home now. DoggyMama is going to be in the hospital until sometime after Christmas. Tree is up, but unlit right now, and presents are wrapped. We will get through it. I hope everyone has a Merry and Blessed Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year. And this reminds me... need to go turn on the outdoor lights. :)

Sorry to hear about this, but glad her treatments are wrapping up. Being in the hospital, especially when one is already immune suppressed can be hazardous. Hopefully she comes home and rebounds well.

I've spent a holiday or 2 with my wife in the hospital, but so far not on Christmas. That would be rough.

I am sorry for your loss those many years ago, and each year since. Puts things in perspective. I think that would have finished me.

I still have my 2, but fear their constant fighting may have killed off Christmas for us going forward as well. While we have them both, I can't say they will ever have one another. Hopefully they figure it out, before it's too late.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I've worked every holiday this year. Will be working tomorrow. People have been saying Merry Christmas to me, and I've been replying with bah humbug as well. I'm over Christmas this year. At work, we've had christmas parties for the patient's, no party for us.

Ready for the 25th to be over, so I can spend Wednesday with my fam.

Reagan40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    too far from nature
    Don’t take your loved ones granted this Christmas. We never realized last Christmas was my super healthy dad’s last. This is a rough one for us. Love your family members like this is the last Christmas you will get to spend with them. Hope and pray that isnt the case. Merry Christmas to all. I’m trying to stay positive.

Top Bottom