• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    i go there ALOT. it is a pretty cool place. it made from and old rock cory. there are 2 big sand pits to ride around in and do some hill climbs. the also have some nice trails but beware of the mud. i retired my jeep and am now on a bruteforce 650

DSC03606.jpg

DSC03626.jpg

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    yup, been there quite a few times. There are trails for everything from stock to heavily modified.

Only downfall is that they let 4 wheelers run the trails too..... ;) like little bugs buzzing around all over.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    ive been once but i prefer haspin accers in laurel indiana. they usto be famos for a hill called "devils backbone" i climbed it quite a few times on a 4 wheeler and a couple failed attempts on a kx 250. it wasn't all that steep but it had flat rocks sticking out of it. if you picked a good path it was no big deal if you picked the wrong one you were screwed and by the time you found out you picked the wrong path it was to late. a few years ago they cleaned up the hill and made it 10 foot wide and easy to get up

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    At the risk of threadjacking... Has anyone ever heard of or remember a place called Shawnee ...something? I used to go 3-wheeling there when I was a kid. It was a campground and had a bunch of trails. IIRC it was somewhere near Rushville. Is that place still around? I had a lot of fun there.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    ive been once but i prefer haspin accers in laurel indiana. they usto be famos for a hill called "devils backbone" i climbed it quite a few times on a 4 wheeler and a couple failed attempts on a kx 250. it wasn't all that steep but it had flat rocks sticking out of it. if you picked a good path it was no big deal if you picked the wrong one you were screwed and by the time you found out you picked the wrong path it was to late. a few years ago they cleaned up the hill and made it 10 foot wide and easy to get up

last i was down there i spent all day on the big track. the only thing i dont like about haspen is you can drink and drive down there, makes it very dangerous if you take a young one out there. icant tell you how many times i have almost been ran over by a drunk or stoned hick behind the wheel of a sand rail. thats why i like badlands more, if you take in a cooler, they check to make sure there is no alcohol, it maybe a drive from central indy but personally i think its safer.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    last i was down there i spent all day on the big track. the only thing i dont like about haspen is you can drink and drive down there, makes it very dangerous if you take a young one out there. icant tell you how many times i have almost been ran over by a drunk or stoned hick behind the wheel of a sand rail. thats why i like badlands more, if you take in a cooler, they check to make sure there is no alcohol, it maybe a drive from central indy but personally i think its safer.

haspins rules are no drinking and driving but you are right its not inforced what so ever. another problem with haspin is the dust. but its about 30 minutes from my house so i go

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    haspins rules are no drinking and driving but you are right its not inforced what so ever. another problem with haspin is the dust. but its about 30 minutes from my house so i go

yea i understand that and the dust sucks horribly, the only time i go is when there are supposed to be showers present (to keep the dust down).

Stove

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't do it, if you go once you are going to get hooked!! Badlands is tons of fun. I took my tracker plenty of times, also a nissan truck and my yamaha 4x4 big bear. For the first time I would recommend going with someone that has been before, it is real easy to get turned around and have no idea where you are!! I bet I have been 20 times and the last time I went by myself why the 4 wheeler and got myself lost for a 1/2 and hour or so. Just part of the adventure!!

few pics of the last time out before selling tracker.
    238288123.jpg
    238288115.jpg
    238288106.jpg

238288132.jpg

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I will probably go in the next few weeks if we get a fairly decent day. As it will be my first trip out there I will definitely take it easy, getting stuck is probably not so bad maybe even fun in the summertime but, I imagine it would suck really bad to get stuck in 2 foot deep 35 degree mud this time of year...

Top Bottom